bulb question - M4

tysonb

Newly Enlightened
Windsor, Canada - across from warzone D (Detroit)
I have 2 'spare' bulbs that came with my M4 that I just recently purchased from another CPFer.

N62
MN61

Will these both work in my M4, and how bright are they?

I intend to get 2 a19 extenders, and run Pila 168s *3 in my M$ - how long should it run with the stock bulb, and with these 2?

Lastly, how long should these bulbs last?

Thanks,

Tysonb

Size15's

Flashaholic
The MN61 is the High Output Lamp Assembly for the M4.

The N62 is the Even Higher Output Lamp Assembly from the discountinued 12PM/12ZM (etc).
This lamp also works in the M4 (but it is not designed for use in a Millennium Series light - specifically WeaponLights because the outer spring contact is not long enough to be reliable under recoil or abuse situations).
The N62 is an awesome beam - but it eat SF123As - you're good for two sets of about 3 minutes constant-on runtime (the second set once the batteries have cooled back down). If you use the N62 too much at once the batteries will heat up such that their thermal fuses trip out and the light will go out until the batteries have cooled.
The N62 is a flashlight lamp in the real "flash" sense of the application.

It is often quoted (not least by myself) that SureFire bulbs tend to have at least 25 hours life. This is very difficult to measure in the real world but I've experienced my SureFire lamps exceeding that on a regular basis in my use.

Al