I want more than one black LB-PR

• YES - I must have or avoid a certain number/s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO - just give me number 13!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Now that the arrival of the serialized HA3 bodies is imminent, I will share that I've been getting quite a few requests for specific serial numbers.

I've been telling everyone No, mainly because it would not be fair to others who just might happen to want the same number. Then there are the superstitious among us who are adamant that they absolutely cannot have a "13" in it, or who absolutely MUST have an "8" and/or NEVER have a "4" (traditionally GREAT and HORRIBLE numbers respectively in Chinese and possibly other Asian cultures) in theirs, etc.

And since my plate is pretty much clear right now (all Fast Track aluminums are shipped, etc.), I am thinking it might not be such a hassle to pick certain numbers for certain folks. But then again the ugly scenario would arise where whoever reads the serial number pickin' post first would get first crack just because they happened to be up and awake in their part of the world when it was posted, etc.

So I am considering offering this durn serial number pickin' process, but making it a cost option to dissuade the early, more frivolous pickers as well as to see if those who absolutely Must Have, or Must Avoid, certain numbers are willing to put up a small fee to get it.

These fees would be well justified not only from my earning it due to the extra steps and added organization necessary to properly match up specific names with specific serial numbers, but also to help offset some of the unforeseen added expenses which I would have, and could still if I have to, absorb - PLUS - a portion would go to the CPF Relief Fund (or however Sasha wants to divvy it up) as well, depending on how many took up the option.

So, I am taking a poll to see how people feel about this...

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened
I don't care what serial #... just mail mine out before all the others please /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
It would be easier and more organized to get the specifically requested numbers sorted out and shipped first, and then pack and ship all the remaining ones at random afterwards. There would likely be little delay if any between arrival of the picked numbers and the random ones.

Wave

Newly Enlightened
I voted "Yes" if it would be possible to get my 4 digit shield number...other wise I could care less if you dropped 13's or 4's my way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
If it didn't cost anything extra, I would be all for it. However, I'm not really superstitious and it's not worth it for me to pay $10 just for a certain #. (especially since I assume they're out of 500)

I *do* think that charging a small fee should you decide to do this for your trouble is a GREAT idea Charlie!!!

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I voted no also . I would however, give you ten bucks to send me the S/N of your choice if it meant that my order would not be delayed by the pickin' process. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I think that S/N request would create more bad feelings than good ones. With numerous people wanting some of the more popular #'s, you're bound to get some disappointed folks. Plus, I think you will be setting a precedent that will end up being lots more trouble than it's worth. It's going to cause that much more aggravation on every future build with requests, having to make denials, e-mails back and forth, etc, etc... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

Peter

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
I voted "no" because I really do want #13.

Naw, I agree with Peter. Things are running smoothly as it is.

Enjoy the breather and smell that fresh Pacific air. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

toyopet

Newly Enlightened
Hey, I wanted #13. But I'll settle for #1 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to avoid "4" myself, and if it meant getting it sooner... well, I'll do almost anything. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

But I'll go with the group - though since I'm so eager to get one... what WOULD the charge be?

Edit: To clarify my position; anything that gets the light into hands sooner is fine by me, especially if money goes to CPF. I don't have any specific serial numbers I -want-.... I just want to avoid '444' or anything like that in it, and the extra speed in shipping sounds like a deal.

easilyled

Flashaholic
I voted "no" because I want my HA3 before Xmas if possible! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Having been reasonably high up on the original first list,
I don't fancy going further down the pecking order again.

(I had no objection to the fast-trackers being catered for first, but would prefer to receive mine in order of the original paypal sent/subscription no. combination, if possible, out of the remaining orders to go out.)

I really don't care what serial no. comes either. 13 has
always been a lucky no. for me!

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seeing as how there are only 300 HAIII models 444 is out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif they are the only serialy(sp)numbered ones. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
With my luck, I'd probably get #444 anyways. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Still, I'll go with the group. The idea of 'faster, sooner, for 20-30 picky people who paid more money towards CPF' is kinda interesting, at least to me personally. But it may also cause bad feelings for those who bought the light first who end up waiting an extra day or so, so I can understand that POV as well.

Catman10

Enlightened
Perhaps some sort of swapping system can be worked out, indpendent of MR. Bulk for those who would like different light numbers? Post the number you want & the number you have in a certain post, and people could PM with offers. Just a thought.

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey- I thought the Raggie (aka clif note jones) supporters were getting them first! No worries though. I've waited (waiting) way longer for lights from other folks, and the # doesn't really matter to me.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fitz: that's the first I've heard of that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Still, let's see what the group says - it'd be NICE, but not a requirement.

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just want #3 or #69

Those are my lucky numbers. I would pay additional couple bucks if I had to or maybe I could even just get lucky and recieve one of those numbers anyway.

Curtis

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
LEDmodMan said:
.... (especially since I assume they're out of 500)

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure if it will be out of 500 since the first batch did not come with Serial #'s. I think the serial number total count will be out of the amount of HA3 LH that are produced. So you numbering should start at 1 instead of 101 (assuming that there were only 100 bare aluminum LHs made) etc.

I could be wrong but this is the way I see it.

Thanks.

Curtis

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
LEDmodMan said:
.... (especially since I assume they're out of 500)

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure if it will be out of 500 since the first batch did not come with Serial #'s. I think the serial number total count will be out of the amount of HA3 LH that are produced. So you numbering should start at 1 instead of 101 (assuming that there were only 100 bare aluminum LHs made) etc.

I could be wrong but this is the way I see it.

Thanks.

Curtis

MrMimizu

Enlightened
I also voted no. I always thought that it was kinda stupid to put serial numbers on something just to give it that higher perceived value. I personally wouldn't pay one penny more just to get a particular number. But if it means that I will get my light faster and help to cover some of your unexpected costs, I'll toss in another $20 right now.