REMINDER - MN03, 02, 01 in SC3 carrier...

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those of you who are using the SC3 carrier to hold your spare batteries and MNXX bulbs, here is a reminder to you.

Be careful when pulling out the bulb before extracting the spare batteries. I have dropped my MN03 bulb 3 times, all because the base of the bulb is so small and thin that my fingers can't get a good grip of it at times.

Surprisingly, the bulb survived all 3 falls and is still as bright as new! Once it dropped from about 3 feet onto concrete floor! Am I just plain lucky!? I may not be so lucky the next time.

I like the SC3 carrier for use with my E2e, and E2d. The fact that it is more compact than the SC1 and SC2 makes porting around a non-issue, especially when you are using the E series lights. Just be more careful the next time.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
The MN 02/03 are some of the most robust bulb i have ever encoutered.

case in point, I have a MN03 that, due to circumstance(don't ask, it hapeened, let's just leave it there), has half its base missing. It runs ood as new.

Nick

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
What do you guys think? I have an E2e & G2 and am wondering if it's worth the $15, or so, for the spares carriers. I'd need the SC3 & SC1 or SC2 to cover my needs, right? The P60 won't fit in the SC3, will it? Thanks for your help.

sigp6

Newly Enlightened
The P60 fits the SC1. The E series bulbs would use the SC3 carrier. I think they're great and use them all the time.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
The good thing about a spares carrier is that everything you need to keep your light functioning is stored within a package. A lanyard is attached, in case you want to port it around in your pocket you can always loop the lanyard around your belt if you have.

At $15 I think it is no big deal. It just adds into the accessories of all my Surefire. Great item.

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
jayflash said:
What do you guys think? I have an E2e & G2 and am wondering if it's worth the $15, or so, for the spares carriers. I'd need the SC3 & SC1 or SC2 to cover my needs, right? The P60 won't fit in the SC3, will it? Thanks for your help.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the spares carriers are good investments. They protect the spare batts and bulb, and also make it very easy to always have a spare set near by. I like how when I travel I can just bring along one little container and not have to worry about the individual pieces playing hide and seek. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
SC's are great especially if you have rechargeable cells. You absolutely do not want lithium-anything causing dead shorts - ask my poor burned fingers. I dead-shorted an unprotected R123 that I was holding last night by accident and I'm surprised I can still type today....

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like my SC3. It is smaller than I expected. I keep a spare MN02 in it in terms of bulbs. The MN03 is in my E2e.

The SC1 is bigger due to 2 more battery capacity and a bigger spare bulb due to reflector/spring. I gave this away along with a G2 and spare P60 due to not liking the G2.