This place has good prices on Surefires...why?

Flashlight Enthusiast

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think any dealer can sell for less than MSRP as long as SF doesn't know about it. Posting about it here is probably not the best strategy for ensuring that they will be able to do so in the future.

I don't know anything about this particular company, but there are SF authorized dealers that do sell for less. Probably not for long though...

Peter

GutWrench

Enlightened
Im sure they wont be long now that they have been posted on this site. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleye11.gif

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
GutWrench said:
Im sure they wont be long now that they have been posted on this site. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleye11.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a post (link) on this forum a few weeks back that originally led me to this site. I don't think the company is suddenly in danger of losing their status because we post here. (I hope not anyway)

Botach has been selling a long time at below MSRP, has been discussed often here, and apparently no harm has come to them from Surefire. *shrug*

gggarf

Newly Enlightened
Just did a quick check on that site and their shipping charges appear to make up for the reduced prices on the lights. A G2 Nitrolon was almost $12.00 to ship putting the total cost at nearly $40.00...not that great of a deal in the big picture. A box of Surefire 123's were 12 bucks as well to ship.

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
gggarf said:
Just did a quick check on that site and their shipping charges appear to make up for the reduced prices on the lights. A G2 Nitrolon was almost $12.00 to ship putting the total cost at nearly $40.00...not that great of a deal in the big picture. A box of Surefire 123's were 12 bucks as well to ship.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh...that explains it.

I figured it was too good to be true!

Although, I notice on the expensive model (M6), shipping is $11 and the light is priced around $70 below MSRP. So, you do save for the higher end models I guess.

sharkx

Newly Enlightened
Umm, last time I checked shipping was dependent on zip code. An order for 10 G2 Nitrolons in my zip code, 15260 (Pittsburgh) was $11.75. This only showed up after hitting the recalc button

shineon

Newly Enlightened
On Tuesday (11/23) before Thanksgiving I ordered 3-G2s @ $27.50 ea. I'm in Chicago, IL 60603, and shipping for all three was only $9.16. I received them on Friday, to boot! Friendly company to work with, too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sent them an email but they are out of the M6s.

I don't know about their status but Botach's stuff is grey market from what I understand so they are thumbing their nose at Surefire.