Can anyone identify this IC?

rdshores

Enlightened
Does anyone have any specs on the IC on this circuit board? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif
xm3cct1.jpg

Alex_Rice

Newly Enlightened
you might be best to reverse engineer the circuit to work out the pin out and then compare this with known devices - it is perfecly possible it is a standard product but laser etched with different nubers to usual. The other thing would be to try and decipher the tiny 'logo' - i thought it was the International Rectifier logo but it doesn't seem to match any of their products. I am now pretty sure it's the Analog Devices logo but it doesn't match any of their part numbers although they do make several chips that are possibilities, the ADP1111 and the ADP3088 for example. Is this a buck or a boost converter?

rdshores

Enlightened
The circuit is the one used in the XM-3 and it's clones. As far as I can tell it's a voltage boost circuit. The SS12 part is a 1A 20V/40V Schottky Rectifier, the capacitor is 10uf 10volt, and the inductor is 10uh. If I can find out what the IC is, maybe I can boost the output some.

pbarrette

Enlightened
Hi rdshores,

I think this may be the Shanghai Belling BL8505.

Have a look at the site here.

And the PDF datasheet can be found on this page here.

Unless you speak chinese, good luck deciphering that datasheet.

pb

rdshores

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gifpbarrette....damn you're good....I'd say that's the one. Here are the specs: ENGLISH DATA SHEET

Step-up DC/DC Converter
Part No. BL8505
Mode: PFM
Vin: 0.9V~5.5V
Vout: 2.7V~5.0V
Iq: 40uA
Fosc: 150Khz
Eff. 87% ±2%
Accuracy Switch: Internal
Iout: 350mA
Package: SOT-89,SOT-23-5, TO-92
Applications: Battery-powered equipments

Notice that the Iout is 350ma. Not much chance of increasing the stock XM-3 board output. I measured the current through the Luxeon on my XM-3, and it was 360ma.

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agree with rdshores, mine's at 380ma due to the lower vf(3.08v) of my Luxeon. My efficiency measurements at ~72%.

pbarrette

Enlightened
Hi all,

The link that rdshores gave is the same link as above, but notice that there is a link to this pdf datasheet on that page as well. Unfortunately, most of the details are in chinese in that file.

It does however, show a few graphs and schematics which lead me to believe that it is yet another clone of the AIC1642.

Also, a close comparison (as close as possible anyway) of the datasheets shows that the 2 chips have almost exactly the same ratings and are probably even pin compatible.

So.. This looks like it's probably the exact (or nearly exact) same circuit that's in everyone's favorite.. The Dorcy 1xAAA.

My guess anyway.
pb

rdshores

Enlightened
At this link HERE
it states the following:

BL8505 DC/DC, directly replaces XC6383, RT9261A, RT9261B, RN331, AIC1638, XC6368

I think the AIC1642 replaces the AIC1638, But I'm not sure.