High Power Laser Diodes

NicolasG

Newly Enlightened
Thanks but I already sent a mail to him /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif .

liteglow

Enlightened
can i use that 1,2w diode with my laserpen chrystals ?

if not.. what do i need t make that stuff work ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

thanx

Spec

Newly Enlightened
I think you mean your laser pointer crystal set... So I am going to respond from that perspective.

While you CAN use them with the rocks in the laser pointer I wouldnt expect them to last very long with the massive amount of photons your trying to push into it without a impressive cooling solution that would rather destory your want to have it fit in your pocket.

That is unless you wear some of the older jnco's I used to see kids wear with the 2ftx2ft pockets in them. heh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

As usual if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

NicolasG

Newly Enlightened
I found a diode :

>Package: C-mount Open Heatsink Package
>CW Output Power: 2 W
>Center Wavelength: 808 (±3) nm
>Spectral Width: 2 nm
>Slope Efficiency: 0.9 W/A typ
>FWHM beam divergence: 12 degrees parallel, 32 degrees perpendicular to junction
>Threshold Current: 400mA typ
>Operating Current: 1.6A typ

... 1.6A seems to be low, isn't ? Do you think it is possible to produce 2W of 808nm light with these specifications ? All the 2W laser diodes I've seen used 2A or more (often 3A max)...

Spec

Newly Enlightened
Care to offer a link? Company? Anything? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The electrical characteristics of this diode are a bit weird. I would also assume far greater electrical demands, though I could see it being possible if lots of crazy design specifications are met.

Now, If I could only find a diode like this in a TO56 package.