Energizer 30minute charger handle their new 2500

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone tried charging Energizers new 2500mah nimh's in their old 30 minute charger which originally came with 1850mah nimh's? If you have, did it charge them fully and how long did it take?

Thanks

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Energizer 30minute charger handle their new 25

Ok, I'll answer my own question. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I called Energizer and spoke with Elizabeth who said their 30 minute charger would handle any nimh but that it might take a little longer than 30 minutes.

evan9162

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Energizer 30minute charger handle their new 25

One thing to watch out for, that I have to with my RayOVac 1 hour charger is that when the batteries are completely discharged, a full charge cycle may take longer than the backup termination timer that the charger has.

So, on the ROV 1hr charger, it has a 1.25 hour backup timer that cuts off the charge cycle after 1.25 hours. The charge current is 1.6A, I beleive. With fully depleted 2100mAh energizer NiMHs, and the charge efficiency of NiMH batteries, the cells only get to 1.7 or 1.8Ah of charge. So, I have to re-start the charge cycle to get them fully charged.

This probably won't be a problem, but check the charger documentation to see if it has a backup termination timer (it should), and what this time is set for...