HDS Systems

Thread: ? for the watch folks - Tissot T-Touch

Enlightened

Default ? for the watch folks - Tissot T-Touch

As an admitted gadget freak, I've been looking at gadget-laden watches for some time - although never at anything (by my definition) very expensive. I've thought about a Casio Pathfinder for years, then a Suunto - but could never get over the size of those things. I also looked into the Nike Ascent ACG (now called the "Lance 4"?). It's smaller, but now I'd also like to get something a bit more striking. So, anybody have a Tissot T-Touch (or a Hamilton Multi Touch) that they could comment on, or point me to a review? Seems like a nice combination of gadgetry. I've looked at a couple of watch forums, but quickly became overwhelmed with just how much I don't know about mid to high end timepieces. For the curious, check out Tissot's T-Touch web page . The demo seems to work best under IE.

Open to other suggestions as well, but I'm probably still going to stick to the beginner level stuff - no Rolex or Omega (yet!).

Thanks,
    Dwayne

Flashaholic*

Default Re: ? for the watch folks - Tissot T-Touch

I remember really liking that watch until some people brought up some large flaws that has. Its been awhile so I don't remember exactly. I think one of them was that the watch has no lume on its hands.

Look into the Omega X-33. One of my dream watches...

Mark

I have owned a Tissot T-Touch since early 2003. Silver dial on rubber-strap.

The T-Touch is a great "adventure"-watch, masquerading as a "dress"-watch. Definitely handsome enough for the office, yet, cool and gadget-laden enough for the outdoors.

It's taken alot of punishment from my wearing around, and has handled it all in stride.

The only drawback, is that the rubber-strap with depolyant buckle can take "a while" to break-in and be comfy (the stiff rubber digs the buckle into your wrist--but maybe it was just my wrist).

HTH!

great watch, a little expensive though. I'll stick with mine of course Christmas is soon!

Hi Dwayne,

I'm a big fan of the Tissot. They also make one with orange markings and an orange band that looks pretty cool. I have a gadget/watch forum in my sig I would like to invite you to post your question to as well.

Good luck and let us know what you get!

Thanks,
    Robert

timezone.com is the equivalent site for horologists as CPF is to the bright light folks. (Sounds like SAT prep!!)

Here is a link to a review:
    T-Touch Review

I bought one of these for my brother as a gift. He loves the geek factor of the watch and it is current favorite.
    (I'll soon wean him off of battery-powered watches....)

My dad has had the metal bracelet T-Touch for about a year now. He loves it!

The only gripe I know of that he has about it is the barometric pressure readout only displays in HectoPascals, and only has a very small range of adjustment for calibration (+/- 10HP I believe). Also, the thermometer tends to read very near the skin surface temperature of the wearers wrist. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif[/img]

The hands do have some glow to them, as do the hour markers.

Enlightened

Thanks for the info/links. I found one to try on and liked most everything about it, except that the digital display has no backlight. But hey - that's why we all have flashlights, right? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] In any case, one is headed my way - can't wait!

- Dwayne