? for the watch folks - Tissot T-Touch

dtrego

Newly Enlightened
As an admitted gadget freak, I've been looking at gadget-laden watches for some time - although never at anything (by my definition) very expensive. I've thought about a Casio Pathfinder for years, then a Suunto - but could never get over the size of those things. I also looked into the Nike Ascent ACG (now called the "Lance 4"?). It's smaller, but now I'd also like to get something a bit more striking. So, anybody have a Tissot T-Touch (or a Hamilton Multi Touch) that they could comment on, or point me to a review? Seems like a nice combination of gadgetry. I've looked at a couple of watch forums, but quickly became overwhelmed with just how much I don't know about mid to high end timepieces. For the curious, check out Tissot's T-Touch web page . The demo seems to work best under IE.

Open to other suggestions as well, but I'm probably still going to stick to the beginner level stuff - no Rolex or Omega (yet!).

Thanks,
Dwayne

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember really liking that watch until some people brought up some large flaws that has. Its been awhile so I don't remember exactly. I think one of them was that the watch has no lume on its hands.

Look into the Omega X-33. One of my dream watches...

Mark

guncollector

Enlightened
I have owned a Tissot T-Touch since early 2003. Silver dial on rubber-strap.

The T-Touch is a great "adventure"-watch, masquerading as a "dress"-watch. Definitely handsome enough for the office, yet, cool and gadget-laden enough for the outdoors.

It's taken alot of punishment from my wearing around, and has handled it all in stride.

The only drawback, is that the rubber-strap with depolyant buckle can take "a while" to break-in and be comfy (the stiff rubber digs the buckle into your wrist--but maybe it was just my wrist).

HTH!

Mathieas

Newly Enlightened
great watch, a little expensive though. I'll stick with mine of course Christmas is soon!

RH

Enlightened
Hi Dwayne,

I'm a big fan of the Tissot. They also make one with orange markings and an orange band that looks pretty cool. I have a gadget/watch forum in my sig I would like to invite you to post your question to as well.

Good luck and let us know what you get!

Thanks,
Robert

J_Oei

Enlightened
timezone.com is the equivalent site for horologists as CPF is to the bright light folks. (Sounds like SAT prep!!)

Here is a link to a review:
T-Touch Review

I bought one of these for my brother as a gift. He loves the geek factor of the watch and it is current favorite.
(I'll soon wean him off of battery-powered watches....)

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
My dad has had the metal bracelet T-Touch for about a year now. He loves it!

The only gripe I know of that he has about it is the barometric pressure readout only displays in HectoPascals, and only has a very small range of adjustment for calibration (+/- 10HP I believe). Also, the thermometer tends to read very near the skin surface temperature of the wearers wrist. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

The hands do have some glow to them, as do the hour markers.

dtrego

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info/links. I found one to try on and liked most everything about it, except that the digital display has no backlight. But hey - that's why we all have flashlights, right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif In any case, one is headed my way - can't wait!

- Dwayne