Surefire lamps on NiMH/NiCad questions

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got a few Qs..

Has anybody tried running the Surefire P61 on the official KR2 rechargeable kit with B65 battery stick? Or is this stick capable of powering only the P60?

Also, from Brock's flashlight page I notice that the P61 requires 3.6V (actual, not rated). I had this bright (or not so bright) idea of running it on 3.6V of NiMH - not such a bright idea? Ginseng mentioned to me it might be too dim (hi Ginseng /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif). Should I add one more NiMH to bring it up to 4.8V?

And if anybody has encountered a 7Z, feel free to tell me more about that platform. There is one hanging around and I feel tempted to grab it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

A 100+ lumen Surefire light still appeals to me.. 65 is a little anaemic once you've lived with and loved a P90.

SJACKAL

Enlightened
I am using P90 with 2 R123 in a 6P, well the same as your project, need that amount of output, but I never like the P90 quality...

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes I have done this but it is very yellow and the runtime sucks. Not worth it IMO. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif