Does anyone have any GMAIL invites left?

Catman10

Enlightened
I thought that I was going to be getting one, but it doesn't look like I am now. I'm really interested to try it out if anyone could help me out.
Thanks

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have tons. Please contact me if anyone wants one. The red "Invite X Friends to Gmail" thing bugs me. I want it gone!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mark

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep getting them faster than I can give them away myself.
Anyone needs one give a PM

mut

Catman10

Enlightened
Thanks, kongfuchicken. It looks like an interesting system. Does anyone who's used the system for a while have any comments on it?

AW

Newly Enlightened
I just got my gmail account, however, some buttons are not working ( like the setting button ) and I can't even read my mail in the inbox. Any help? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
AW said:
I just got my gmail account, however, some buttons are not working ( like the setting button ) and I can't even read my mail in the inbox. Any help? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probably using an incompatible browser.

Mark

greenLED

Flashaholic
I've given away two invites since I first posted. Any others interested? Simply PM me your name and e-mail.

Catman10, Gmail is definitely a different animal. Messages are organized in "conversations" so you can see all your back-and-forth communication easily. Setting up contacts is a breeze (and there's an import function). POP access is now offered for free (haven't tried it yet). You can also forward to another account. Did I mention no ads? One thing I don't like is that you need an extra step to delete messages "forever". I don't archive crap that people send me, I **delete it**, and yes, I'm sure I want to get rid of it. Other than this, I like it a lot. It's replacing my Yahoo! account for every-day stuff (although I have too much "other" stuff setup in Yahoo! that is not available in Gmail (groups, albums, etc.).

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
[ QUOTE ]
greenLED said:
One thing I don't like is that you need an extra step to delete messages "forever". I don't archive crap that people send me, I **delete it**, and yes, I'm sure I want to get rid of it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I like it as a safety. With all the storage there it doesn't hurt to have it hang around for the extra 30 days in trash and there is the rare occasion that I /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif and say I wish I hadn't deleted that. 2 days later /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

greenLED

Flashaholic
My friend Murphy just knocked on my door, followed by Wit's post. I messed up something setting up POP access in Outlook, and now all messages in my Exchange server are gone! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gifindeed! and it didn't take me 2 days /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif