Glare sheild for eternalight

Catseye

Newly Enlightened
The rubber shroud on the Photon Fusion fits snug on the front of my Ergo 3, really cuts down on that annoying glare. No its not perfect but it works good. Now all we need is a few strategically placed nubs on the eternalight body to slip the shroud over to hold it more securely and voila a removable impact and glare reducer.Techass are you listening?

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would have bought an Eternalight years ago if it weren't for the exposed LEDs. I hate the glare of any exposed LED or bulb. I put up with it on my Photon II, but won't tolerate it on any more substantial flashlight.
mad.gif

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like most everything about it except the exposed LEDs. Not worried about damaged LEDs but don't like the glare. Its very counter productive to the light's function.

KenBar

Enlightened
Originally posted by RonM:
I like most everything about it except the exposed LEDs. Not worried about damaged LEDs but don't like the glare. Its very counter productive to the light's function.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I agree...You do loose a tad brightness but it is not a problem as the greatest light is out the tip of the led...IMHO.

I did a small mod on the internal light and the led color themselves. I have a red and blue for the inner 2 led's. This way I can have a red night light or a red white and blue one.

I also GENTLY pushed the led's back into the housing. It still seals perfectly. You just tighten up the front screws a tad more.

I never worry about carrying it in my pocket or getting the led's scratched now.
e1.jpg

It is a nice feature now not to blind you when it comes on. It still works perfectly to read with etc. I should have posted this a long time ago.

I also directed the internal led 90 degrees to the board. It shines out a bright blue spot now. I like this better so I have a bright blue light or a dim blue one...depending if I put it on its side.

If you are so inclined...a piece of ice maker tubing...attached to the led inside... will make a light wand look. I did not like it as it was too bright. You can get an unusual effect by cutting a thin piece of alien skin and putting inside the tubing. This will pick up the light and makes for an interesting effect when in the flash mode.

Spork

Enlightened
i sold mine because i couldnt stand the glare. also they are working on a new model where I think it will stay in the last mode you turned it off at.

Latest posts