Click to visit Lumintop new flashlights!

Thread: Highest Output possible for a laserpointer

Default Highest Output possible for a laserpointer

Is the highest output for a laserpointer <75mW ??
    I'm interested, because i believe change the resistor, the diode, the alignement, the pot, the IR filter and such should bring the output over 75mW. . . if it is possible, can anyone do it for me ?? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I will pay the modification price and the component prices. . . as long as the current stays under 400mA. . .and i can return it if it screws up. . .don't know if its possible tho. .

Default Re: Highest Output possible for a laserpointer

Hmm, we are back here again, yes WHO KNOWS WHICH RESISTORS TO CHANGE? I have my soldering iron and laser apart as I type.

people have successfully got over 100mW output from short circuiting the pot. . . i believe changing the resistor, the diode, the alignement, the pot, the IR filter and such should bring the output over 100mW. . . but i'm not sure if this is good for the laser itself (reduced lifetime). . . can anyone confirm ?? and do it for me ?? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

to short it to the case, do i just solder some wire from the pot, out of the hole and press the wire onto the case when i want to use it ?

just somehow connect the pot with the case, you can permanately attach them, or do the wire one. .

cool, well i messed up my leadlight so i might give this ago

will i have to take the laser apart cos it will be quite hard to solder it as the button hole is pretty small

if the hole is too small, i guess taking the laser apart to solder is needed, but i don't think its that hard . . .

i just got it working for a few seconds using a paper clip [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] lol

It was very bright but its hard to keep the button press, wire on paper clip and on the case on your own !

glad to hear it worked, just keep in mind that it over drives the diode, so don't use it that way too often . . .

I think ill be lucky to get it working again tonight, my fingers are killing me already !

haha, you really should try and solder it on. . .
    but then again, you won't be needing that much power all the time. .

Yeah but at least i'll get some use out of it, instead of it sitting on my desk