Busy day on CPF

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems to be really busy here tonight- record numbers of people using the forum according to the bottom of the main page. 204 users at one point!

Greta

Flashaholic
Fitz... I've adjusted the "window" for Who's Online. It used to show the number of users in a 1 minute "window". Now it it set for 10 minutes.

After discussing this issue with the server dude, it's quite possible that the software is written in such a way that the smaller the "window", the quicker the database gets jammed up. This really doesn't make sense in the conventional sort of way but when looked at from a different angle (and considering the ... *ahem*... "quirkiness" of the authors of the software), it just might make sense to make the "window" larger. So I'm trying it out. And I hate to say anything but it seems as if CPF is simply flying along as smooth as silk tonight... go figure... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Makes sense to me! *NOT* It does explain the sudden increase in the number of people shown as active though. I thought that was odd.