Want to lock myself out of B/S/T

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just wondering. Is there a way I can lock myself out of B/S/T or any of the places I am constantly tempted to empty my wallet. The equivalent of a 'fridge magnet that says something inspirational about not "buying both".

This post is only half in jest. When I was just a lurker it was >much< easier since I couldn't post and talk to folks. Those areas are like a vacuum cleaner on my wallet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif Help. . .

There, I feel better now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif
Thanks for looking.
LT

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
All right already. Geez, nothing like being stalked by a dealer.

When I'm back in the US I'll be placing an order and you'd better have it in stock or I'll send Guido after you.

-LT

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
You've noticed. Hmm, well I'm not worried. I've got a healthy self image and plenty of self control. That's why I started this thread. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Christo_pull_hair.gif

Well I'm off to work. Take it easy Jon.
-LT

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
LT;
Get Sasha to ban you for 30 days..or however long it takes you to get your finances back under control.
-And make her promise that she will not un-ban you earlier than you originally requested. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
vcal,

OK so if I follow your idea I become a "re-lurker". The problem is I can still see the posts and be tempted. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif That's where it all starts.

Maybe, along the lines of the 'fridge magnet I could get a popup that says something like "woe to all ye who enter here. . ."

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
LT, get away from the computer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Have a nice trip home /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Nekomane. I really do need a nice trip 'home' though I'm afraid that there are computers there too. My Mom beta tests for MS and my stepfather is an electrical engineer. The whole place is wired. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Not to mention all the poor souls I've got to enlighten for Christmas. It's my mission, no marginal lighting tools allowed in the house.

I take it you read my other thread which is how you know about my upcoming trip. It's the first in a while. I spent Golden Week on a cot in the office trying to get the computers dialed in with a new server. Didn't turn out well.

Catch you later,
LT

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lunal, I had problems with too many purchases, . . . . .and that ended in a depletion of my Paypal. My wife told me I couldn't buy anymore flashlights unless I sold some of what I already had. I did, and now, I'm back in the unashamed flashlight buying business again! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Orion,
Actually it's my SO(significant other) that adds fuel to the fire. She likes bright shiny things too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

She's the reason I'm waiting by the post box with baited breath for my latest purchase. Maybe I shouldn't show her the pictures of the lights since word descriptions of the items seldom get much interest.

-LT

Canuke

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Lunal_Tic said:
Orion,
Actually it's my SO(significant other) that adds fuel to the fire. She likes bright shiny things too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

She got a sister? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif