Toothache?

sodakar

Newly Enlightened
Wow, I've had the non-LED version of this unit used on me many times over (cry), and it's exciting to see LED's make it into mainstream commercial (and in this case medical/dental) fields.

Realistically, the cordless curing tool is probably not going to be tremendously useful (or worth purchasing) for dentists in dental offices, as their non-LED curing unit is easily within reach of the dental chair, and replacement bulbs aren't that expensive.

BUT...

Imagine a curing tool that runs on batteries, and runs for a loooong time. Can you say field dentist? (Military, PeaceCore, etc...) I'm sure this will come as a pleasant surprise.

One small victory at a time... before you know it, we'll be joking to our grandkids how grandpa/ma had to change lightbulbs back in our day...

Saaby

Flashaholic
That is COOOOOL! I, too, have had the traditional curing light used on me several times--I have terrible teeth
grin.gif
but this isn't the place to get into that.

Anyway, I can think of a place or 2 where it might be handy. My orthodontist uses them, but rarely to never are using more than 1 at a time. Replace all their guns, er I mean light, with 1 cordless LED unit.

As for myself? It looks a lot more comfortable that the "traditional" curing tool.

Don't UV LEDs degrade quickly though? Or am I just dreaming?

I think (think) the thing that keeps the current tools so bulky is the fan for the halogen bulb
blush.gif

Edit:

"Blue LEDs generate a light that closely matches the absorption spectrum of the photo-initiator systems most frequently used in dental materials."

Ahhhh...doesn't use UV leds.