• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

MadMax dimming problem solved!!! (for me)

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
We all know when a micro mag (cut down version) is used iwth a madmax and kroll, it dims in seconds. I think I have the answer to this problem. Simply take out the spring from the standard mag tailcap and place it into the kroll. The light should be bright and stay that way as If using a mag tailcap. If it still dims, try to twist the spring around a bit. I think this should work. I redid it many times and it worked. Oh yes and one more thing, the kroll spring fits into the mag tailcap too just incase you need both lights.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: MadMax dimming problem solved!!! (I think)

GREAT job! I faced that problem with my 4M+ (MicroMag with MadMax+, hence 4M+), the thing was horrible with a Kroll, virtually useless.

While it doesn't eliminate the annoying power-on flicker and occasional bad contacts causing dimming, it does turn the Kroll from 'useless' into 'somewhat useful'. Not as nice as the screw-down tailcap, but still, GREAT!

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast

A couple things to note with the Kroll switch.

1) Elongating the one internal spring makes better contact. This is a known problem with the switch. The internal spring as shipped is typically not long enough to make good solid contact between the internal switch plate and the battery contact spring.

2) Lubing all the contacts reduces the switch resistance to near zero. I recommend Nyogel lube and filling the insides with it and under the battery contact spring.

Doing the above two things improves the Kroll switch partial intermittent and poor contact resistance issue. The Nyogel lube also reduces the carbon buildup on the springs due to arcing and thus retains the low resistance over time.

cy

Flashaholic

new kroll switch as found in SL lux jr is completely different. has aluminum body w/16mm - 1.0mm pitch.

in my very limited testing no problems at all.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast

sorry about such a late post, but does that mean that the kroll on the SL lux Jr would work perfectly in a mag or micro mag?

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Here.. you want the conductive version in particular, not the normal one. Surefireparts is jcciv here on CPF and I would recommend him 110%.

CNC Dan

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
cy said:
new kroll switch as found in SL lux jr is completely different. has aluminum body w/16mm - 1.0mm pitch.

in my very limited testing no problems at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have a pic you can post?

M16*1.0 is very close to 5/8-28.
Can you try it in a M*glite and see how it fits?

Dan

cy

Flashaholic

will not fit CNC 123 or mini mag, easy to tap out to 16mm/1.0mm pitch. need to order tap.

kroll.JPG

kroll 2.JPG

kroll 3.JPG