Which adhesive for ARC AAA washer? *Moved to Arc*

Status
Not open for further replies.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
While "loosening up" the head of my AAA Le I accidently detached the foam washer that separates the battery's positive terminal from the Arc's head.

Any suggestions for the best adhesive to reattach it? I was thinking in terms of contact cement or something similar.

Brightnorm

Darell

Flashaholic
You can get a new one from Peter, but I've had great results with just a dab of silicone adhesive. You can also just toss it in there loose. Or not use it at all. Doesn't take much to hold it into position, seeing as how it can't go anywhere on its own, and that it is constantly pressed between the battery and the head.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Don't use contact cement as you might want to put in a fresh retainer at a later date. You can get a new one by sending a SASE to Peter with a note saying how many foam retainers and O-rings you'd like. Their address has just changed but if somone moves this to the Arc forum (Hint hint Darell) I'm sure Peter will chime in with the new address.

Either way you can still use it. My Arc is really finicky about the foam being in there (It has a character flaw I guess) and as a result of that I ran it with a torn retainer w/o adhesive until I got new ones--worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.