Check your Hotmail

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got done checking my Hotmail accout--it now has 240 MB of storage!!!

Trying to compete with Google and Yahoo I suppose. Gone are the days of having to purge my account every week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I switched everything over from Hotmail to Google mail, gmail. 1 gig is 1 gig.

Don't forget that you can store files in your email account. Just email the file to your self.

Then if you go to a friends house and you want the file, just connect to your email...

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I don't have hotmail but my old yahoo was just recently upgraded to 250 megs probably because of hotmail upgrading theirs.

danielo_d

Enlightened
It's a whole lot better now. The 250 Mb storage, plus 10
Mb message limit. I use Outlook Express with it's MAPI
type interface over http. You can manipulate folders as if
you were connected to an Exchange Server.

I think you can use Outlook 2003, but OE is much a lighter
client.

I've been waiting for quite awhile for the [free]
upgrade. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Danno

prego

Newly Enlightened
Hotmail and Yahoo have been upgraded and are a lot better now than they were before but I doubt they'll ever catch up with Gmail. By the time hotmail and yahoo reach 1 gig (doubt it!), gmail will probably be at 5 gigs or something like that.

prego

Newly Enlightened
Hi

I think they upgrade people a bunch at a time. Eventually you will be upgraded.

ledy

Newly Enlightened
PocketBeam, how do you get a gmail account? Do you need invitation or something?

prego

Newly Enlightened
Hi Ledy

Yes you do have do get invited. Google randomly sends invitations through existing Gmail users.

GeoffChan

Enlightened
My hotmail account is slowly being increased to 250mb, its currently about 50mb.

I have a spare invite. send me a PM and i'll get one out for you.

Geoff

prego

Newly Enlightened
Hi Geoff

I've had Gmail for 3 months already and haven't received any invitations yet. They claim that they randomly send the invitations but pretty much everybody I know who uses Gmail has received their invites already. Do you think that this is normal?

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
My "public" mail has been HotMail since Jan, 2000. I've always kept it cleaned out due to storage limits, but think it is cool on Uncle Bill's part to make it available for "free." I never even contemplated "upgrading" to the paid service. A week or two ago, they "upgraded" it to 250MB and up'd attachment size to 10MB, which is the same limit for my ISP. I suspect this is in response to Google's Gmail offering. Isn't competition wonderful! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif (Actually, Thanks MS!)

Larry

Saaby

Flashaholic
Oh yeah? Well my Hotmail has *2* Gig.

If you pay for Hotmail ($20 a year) you get 2 gig. or if you're an MSN subscriber. I'm the latter by default since I work for them.

This has been coming for a looooooong time, and now they're finally putting it on, but just the same, my MSN account is used for work, and *only* for work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
PS -- Free accounts can no longer get into Hotmail except through the website. Just a head's up. I know most of the free accounts have been shut down for POP/HTTP access, but the rest are still coming.

And yes, I work for Microsoft and buy Apples with that money.