• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Don And Others, Question Using McE2S With KL5.

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey gents, I just received a McE2S switch with the 60 ohm resistor. I'm using it with a KL5 on a L4 body, (with E2C), and running it with a Pila 168S cell. It works great but the low mode is really LOW! Now I like a lower light output on low but this really is VERY low. It works fine in total darkness as a walk-around light but other than total darkness, it's hard to tell it's even on. Any recommendations on another resistor? I'm thinking 30 ohms should be about double the brightness I'm getting now and if that's true, that would be perfect. What do you gents think? If the 30 ohm would double the light I'm getting now, would anyone want to trade a 30 ohm for the 60 ohm I have? By the way, how hard is it to switch resistors in the McE2S?

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gene,

60 ohms is for use with two cells, a lux III and a buck converter. You're using it with a Lux V and a boost converter.

PM me your address and we'll straighten this out.

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can always count on my friend Tony to help out! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks much Tony and PM inbound!

McGizmo

Flashaholic
As with the KL4, I like my KL5 with 22 ohms! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
McGizmo said:
As with the KL4, I like my KL5 with 22 ohms!

[/ QUOTE ]
But then Don has always been a bit brighter than the rest of us.