• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD! Mr.Bulk NexNeedle 5w white SE Collectors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
<font color="red"> SOLD !!! Thanks, Rick </font>

I just bought this a couple of weeks ago to see something firsthand from Mr.Bulk's earlier modding efforts (December '02). Something earlier than my Super Long Gun Illuminator that is.

standard.jpg

Having just received my second Mr.Bulk LionHeart, it is amazing to me the pace Charlie has maintained in the last two years. He is certainly out front with flashlight design and technology.

Mr.Bulk fans and flashlight collectors might like to scoop up this specimen.

I bought this from a CPFer that used it as his main light while weathering FOUR HURRICANES in Florida this season. It has a scratch on the side of the bezel, but is in very good to excellent cosmetic condition otherwise.

It appears to function like the day Charlie mailed it to its owner.

This light runs of 3xCR123A 3 volt Lithium cells (9 volts)! Charlie made a sleeve to hold them securely and rattle-free in the Brinkmann Nexstar 2xC body. It has a really nice clickie tailcap switch, no momentary, just click on and click off. The Nexstar is built like a dadgum tank! When you unscrew the tailcap and heft it in your palm it feels like it should be part of the breechblock on an old 1 Pounder Hotchkiss Pom-Pom gun.

Below: closeup of Luxeon V (5 watt) Side-Emitter.
standard.jpg

It uses a white Luxeon V (5 watt) Side-Emitter (SE) LED. Progress in performance has left the Nexneedle behind, but this classic is still a workhorse that puts out alot of white light.

Read about it HERE.

$39.00 via Paypal. Please add $5.00 for shipping by USPS Priority Mail including insurance and delivery confirmation. This is a hefty light.

The first plain vanilla "I'll take it" posted here gets it. I'll PM you with my Paypal Addy.

Thanks for looking, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Britt

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Re: FS: Mr.Bulk NexNeedle 5w white SE Collectors!

man thats a awesume eal britt

oldtimer

Enlightened

Ooh. I'm interested. I'll take it pending some questions through PM /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's yours, Rick. I'll answer your PM in just a moment.

b2p, I took a photo you requested and my camera's battery died. So it'd be an hour before I could take one anyway.

Rick, go ahead and PM your shipping info, I'm gonna try and get this in the mail tonight at the airport.

Hi Raggie /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Thanks guys,

Britt

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
man thats a awesume eal britt

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Edd. I paid $65.00 for it a couple of weeks ago. I just thought it ought to go to a collector or Mr. Bulk fan. Thought the lower price would make it more accessible to more CPFers. Tis the season, afterall... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif

Britt

oldtimer

Enlightened

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Thanks for cutting in even without knowing what the PM was about. Maybe it's just me but I find it extremely disrespectful and in poor taste.

Britt, I appreciate the effort you took in taking the picture. That action alone meant that you were going to honor my request. I would've appreciated it if you had just PMed me and said you've got an offer and that I should either take it without the picture or pass it on.

Anyways, my car just got stolen and I'm in a bitter bitter mood so I'll apologise if my words seem harsh. Enjoy your light.

rick258

Enlightened

My one and only comment on this: Quote "The first plain vanilla "I'll take it" posted here gets it. I'll PM you with my Paypal Addy." End of story. No disrespect or poor taste on my end. I complied with the seller's terms as stated in the sale offer. I am offended by your comments b2p. Even so, I am sorry your car was stolen. I hope you recover it intact soon. I will make no further posts regarding this thread. Rick

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

Rick didn't "cut in" and he followed protocol to the letter both with CPF BST policy and with my personal instructions.

B2p, I'm sorry to hear about your car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Also, sorry you didn't get your questions answered so that you could make a solid commitment to take the light before someone else did. But, that's how it goes here.

Most CPFers that have been around for a few months, especially if they buy, sell and trade here know that "I'll take it" with no qualifiers, provisos, stipulations, questions, ifs, ands, or buts...trumps an I'll take it that does.

Otherwise, a seller can wind up spending hours communicating back and forth and waiting for people to make up their minds and keeping a buyer waiting the same amount of time.

Before I got wiser, I had a sale tied up for a day and a half waiting to hear from a guy that didn't buy the light.

Britt

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast

Britt specified his terms very clearly, and that's the end of the story. I think it is extremely disrepectful and in poor taste for a (any) prospective buyer to assume that the sellers terms do not apply to them. If you can't read and follow very simple rules, I don't see how you can find fault with anyone who can and does.

Peter

oldtimer

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
LitFuse said:
Britt specified his terms very clearly, and that's the end of the story. I think it is extremely disrepectful and in poor taste for a (any) prospective buyer to assume that the sellers terms do not apply to them. If you can't read and follow very simple rules, I don't see how you can find fault with anyone who can and does.

Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

Read what he posted.. "The first plain vanilla "I'll take it" posted here gets it. I'll PM you with my Paypal Addy."

What he was supposed to do was to PM me with the details if he had out onto his end of the bargain. Any questions I have is irrelevant as NONE of you except Britt know what they are. Your argument is based on preassumptions. How did you know that I didn't ask him what his Paypal address was, and if he accepts CC? (Those are just examples)

If you're too ignorant to read into it.. I have nothing more to say. There's no point reviving a dead thread.

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast

"Plain Vanilla"....

That's clear? What the hell is plain vanilla? To me it means no pm needed. Or maybe it means any casual , unhurried, not grandiose, not dressed up with gremlins "I'll take it". Maybe it means that any average "I'll take it" will do, wether the guy is living in bolivia or antartica or at an apo. He doesn't say wether cc paypal is accepted or if shipping is conus (no confimation outside us). He was anything but clear and not even thorough.

If he meant the first "I'll take it" with NO questions , no requests for pictures etc then perhaps he should have said that. To me it seems like he really wanted a very quick sale with no hassle and now feels that stating "plain vanilla" was enough information to convey his need for a quick sale. It was priced for a quick sale. He must really want that 39 dollars enough that he doesn't want to have to deal with the personalities that he is getting it from. Of course he seems to feel that he was being magnanimous by selling something less than many here would deem it's worth and that that act justifies not doing the decent thing and communicating with b2p to clarify what his original post meant. I think that rick saw the loop hole and sought to take advantage of it because he wanted something at a lower price than it is valued at.

oldtimer

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
BC0311 said:
Rick didn't "cut in" and he followed protocol to the letter both with CPF BST policy and with my personal instructions.

B2p, I'm sorry to hear about your car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Also, sorry you didn't get your questions answered so that you could make a solid commitment to take the light before someone else did. But, that's how it goes here.

Most CPFers that have been around for a few months, especially if they buy, sell and trade here know that "I'll take it" with no qualifiers, provisos, stipulations, questions, ifs, ands, or buts...trumps an I'll take it that does.

Otherwise, a seller can wind up spending hours communicating back and forth and waiting for people to make up their minds and keeping a buyer waiting the same amount of time.

Before I got wiser, I had a sale tied up for a day and a half waiting to hear from a guy that didn't buy the light.

Britt

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know how it works in these part of the forums but in the regular B/S/T.. I've seen an item being 'reserved' to the individual even with a show of interest. The next person would then say something like 'second in line'. That's proper etiquette.. unlike someone who undercuts me with a statement of contempt.

PS.. looks like that I'm not alone regarding my interpretation of this situation. A big thank you to all of you that PMed me justifying my position. I think you can figure out the context without me actually quoting them.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't think anyone here is ignorant, and if anyone actually is, it's certainly not me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If you can't follow simple instructions I don't think that's anyone's problem but your own. I understand what Britt posted. He said the first "I'll take it" without stipulations would get it. you posted:

[ QUOTE ]
b2p said:
Ooh. I'm interested. I'll take it pending some questions through PM /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

"interested *and* pending some questions" which I guess would have worked, except that someone soon thereafter actually followed the sellers instuctions. You can't get mad at people for following the rules...

Peter

raggie33

*the raggedier*

hect i even understood britts post and im slow as hell.

oldtimer

Enlightened

Peter: You read half of post #781383 but you neglected to read the other half. I don't get it.. you don't feel you have a justifiable reply? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

raggie33: Please don't try to insult my intelligence. How many flashlights have you bought successfully? You're giving your biased insight in the form of a vague statement.. on an issue I'm not sure you've read into.

xochi: Thank you for your post which considers my situation as a buyer with concerns due to a vaguely described item.

I will not be posting in this thread again as this is getting offtopic. Don't hesitate to PM me if you have anything to say.

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast

Raggie , you also have almost five thousand posts to your credit since last year (My god you've been busy!!!) . How slow can you be?

I've bought and sold my share here and it really is a ROYAL pita to hold the hand of people for hours or days while they ask questions and mull stuff over. I totally relate to this so USUALLY I price my stuff to sell quick (sometimes that scares them away too) but it is fair and just plain nice (we are always patting ourselves on the back cuz cpf'ers are so nice, right?) to clarify our message when it is clear that they don't understand it.

Going "By The Book" is often reserved for situations where people do not defer to "common decency" to regulate their behaviour. Like court rooms and the dmv and taxes and divorces and auctions. Or "Going By The Book" is reserved for individuals who have proven that they DO NOT defer to "common decency" in situations where it is the practice of others to do so. This is obvious stuff and I sound pretentious as hell. Just let's all be nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grouphug.gif
Sorry to poke my nose in ya'll bidness. It's one of my bigger character defects.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
b2p said:
Peter: You read half of post #781383 but you neglected to read the other half. I don't get it.. you don't feel you have a justifiable reply? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
b2p said:
[ QUOTE ]
LitFuse said:

Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

Read what he posted.. "The first plain vanilla "I'll take it" posted here gets it. I'll PM you with my Paypal Addy."

What he was supposed to do was to PM me with the details if he had out onto his end of the bargain. Any questions I have is irrelevant as NONE of you except Britt know what they are. Your argument is based on preassumptions. How did you know that I didn't ask him what his Paypal address was, and if he accepts CC? (Those are just examples)

If you're too ignorant to read into it.. I have nothing more to say. There's no point reviving a dead thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeez, didn't you get banned recently for this kinda crap?

I made a reply-- it stated that you didn't follow simple rules, which is true. Britt didn't owe you a PM, or anything else. The terms were very simple to understand, at least to me (and I would have to assume, most of us) . If the terms had not been explicitly stated, you would possibly have a point. But they were, and you don't. It's really quite simple.

Peter

Kiessling

Flashaholic

Now gentlemen, what about sitting back, relaxing a bit and taking a few deep breaths before this gets out of hand which no one really wants ....
bernhard

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast

bernie, I'm relaxed... I'm just a little annoyed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.