• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Switch removal

sstrauss

Newly Enlightened
I have an Aleph with Mce2s and want to switch tailcaps. I can't figure out the removal of the switch. I have removed the spring and the screw and the module comes out. Then there is a metal piece and I cant get it out. Do I just push it from the boot through? I have looked at the instructions but the pictures don't match what I have. I am guessing the trick is something obvious.

Scott

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
You really didn't need to remove the spring and screw. The whole thing pops out as a unit. If you're having a hard time getting it out, you could use an unsharpened pencil to push it out. Just don't go through the boot with the pencil.

Darell

Flashaholic
You're trying to stuff an oring past the jamb nut is all. Some are tighter than others, for sure! For my tough ones, I open my vice (with soft jaws) enough to hold the cap, but allow the guts to fall out, and set the cap on top of the jaws. Then I beat the snot out of the boot with the vinyl-coated end of the handle of my pliers. Eventually it'll pop out. Before putting it back in, lube that upper o-ring so it'll come out easier next time. May also want to ream the jamb nut. I ream mine so that the oring is just barely retained. I swap my switches all the time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif