Types of Re-chargeable Bats (AA, AAA, 9volt, etc)

cmassicotte

Newly Enlightened
I have read posts where 2300mah and 2500mah batteries are mentioned, but I have not seen them in stores. I have also seen the term "IC3" batteries in posts, but not a description of what they are. What is an IC3 battery, and where can I find higher capacity batteries?

Also, I have a couple Panasonic BQ-390 chargers that came with 2100mah batteries. Can I use these chargers with higher capacity batteries? I don't necessarily need a super fast recharging cycle.

Thanks,

Chuck

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 2300 and 2500 mAh AA batteries can be found in stores, but may still be hard to find. I got some 2300 at REI and WalMart and someone posted finding 2500 at Sams Club. Certainly available on the net. Try Thomas Distributing or check the fourm sponsors.

The IC3 batteries are part of a 15 minute charging system by Rayovac (special cells and charger). A little more expensive and these cells have no real advantage in a standard charger.

I am pretty sure your Panasonic BQ-390 chargers are smart chargers, meaning that they detect full charge and stop at that point. They can be used to charge batteries of higher capacities, but it will just take a little bit longer of course.

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a 4pk of 2500mAH Energizers at WallyWorld for $9 and some change. You won't find a better price online for these batteries once you factor in shipping... I use them in my SL JR LUX and it runs forever, seems like anyway... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a 4pk of 2500mAH Energizers at WallyWorld for $9 and some change, they are found in the photo/electronic section. You won't find a better price online for these batteries once you factor in shipping... I use them in my SL JR LUX and it runs forever, seems like anyway... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Phlack

Newly Enlightened
I saw the 2500mAH batteries with charger for $20 at Sams the other day. 4 batteries. I'll wait for the 8 packs to come out, as I have enough chargers.

-Mike