Is it a Surefire, or IS IT?

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a new one for you all! Is it a Surefire?

glam.jpg

Looks pretty nice! Type III HA, knurling, flat panels machined into the side. Looks like an E series with... What is that anyway? A P60 inside?

front.jpg

Boy, sure looks like it. Let's take that sucker out and have a look!

lamp.jpg

Wow! Sure looks like it!

How about that bezel... is that a Caution: Hot Surface warning I see, and a pyrex dome, and a crennelated bezel?

dome.jpg

It sure is!

What else is this puppy hiding... Well lookie here! A crennelated tailcap with a clickie and textured rubber cover!

tail.jpg

Well, how does it compare side by side? Lets see it against an L4 for example!

sidebyside.jpg

Looks pretty similar! But wait a moment, what's this VG mean?

vg.jpg

What could that stand for... Surely not Surefire... Wait, what's this on the tailcap!

vg2.jpg

It's the new Vital-Gear model F2! Just received it this Friday. Review coming soon!

Kiessling

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif ... this is unfair ... we want to know more!
all others --> /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif <-- Quickbeam

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif bernhard

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dont do this..... I want to know more. When I saw a new review coming up on your website, I was a bit anxious to see it. finish that review will you? I think we all want to know. You know I think Sasha should make it a rule that you cant make teaser threads. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Hoya

Newly Enlightened
Hear that it is made in Hong Kong, but I am not too sure either.

chrisse242

Enlightened
That was a matter of time untill they started making more than bodies. And they are not alone. Ombu/LED-Wave is offering another Series that uses surefire LA's and accessoires.
ph-import

look for:
Z-1-Kommando
Z-2-Duo
Z-5 Rail Mount
ZR-8
ZH-100
Z-3 Targeter

german only, sorry but you can at least see the pics. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chrisse

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
By the way, the head can be removed and the body fits the Surefire e-series heads... at least the L4 works on it, so I'm pretty sure the rest will as well.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
So ... will the head work on E-Series compatible parts as well then or is there a problem?
bernhard

chrisse242

Enlightened
I'm sorry if this is considered hijacking your thread quickbeam, but the appearance of two series using the surefire design is somehow disturbing. Surefire patents running out? Ombu also have their own lamp assembly (p60 equivalent at least), which is cheaper than the p60.

Chrisse

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
The head DOES fit and operates on Surefire E series bodies.

I was wondering when the word "patents" would show up in this thread.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Got me wondering, too...

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Though VG might have stolen its design elements from SF, it looks like they stole all my favorite ones!!! I look forward to your review, Quickbeam. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Topper

Flashaholic*
I glanced at their web site and noticed the US distributor
happens to be a fellow CPF'er. Maybe we will see more of them before long.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

03lab

Enlightened
Cool, finally. I made a post about the F2 a while ago, but nobody seemed to know anything about it. Looking forward to the review. What's the MSRP?