• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Aleph 3x123 body?

mahoney

Enlightened
Are there any plans to make 3x123 bodies? It would open up some possibilities for Downboy use with 2x150 Pilas and 3x123 for both 3 and 5 watt, as well as offering the possibility of 2 AA rechargables with Nexgen drivers. I'd buy one, assuming the price was in line with the other battery packs.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
No plans at present. With the BE3 and UBH, I felt this was covered rather well.

mahoney

Enlightened
It's mostly a question of form rather than function. From the pictures I've seen, Balrog's black doesn't match the Alephs very well and I've only seen the UBH in HA NAT or brass. Now that I've moved to the next $ level in terms of flashaholism, I thought it might be nice to try and have all the pieces match in color.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
mahoney,
I understand where you are coming from. However, I have to be very careful where I am going to! If I wanted to offer you a 3x123, I need to buy 500 of them. Now I wouldn't mind having a couple but I sure don't need 499 of the dang things; forget the fact that I can't afford them. There are and will be some Aleph parts around in HA-Nat but don't count on a perfect or even close color match with other HA-Nat parts. Hard anodize is first and foremost a functional plating and not a cosmetic plating. Grain and other irregularities will show up and tints will vary significantly from batch to batch.

Darell

Flashaholic
Hard anodize is first and foremost a functional plating and not a cosmetic plating. Grain and other irregularities will show up and tints will vary significantly from batch to batch.

^^ We need that engraved on a plaque - maybe in the FAQ of the Aleph series!

mahoney

Enlightened
Yep, I was trying to go with all Aleph black to avoid the whole HA NAT mis-match thing. I already have a rainbow of shades of HA-NAT stuff.

Maybe 499 other CPF members will post in this thread that they want a black Aleph 3x123 body too and we can get a run done, but judging by the response so far...

Thanks anyway

Darell

Flashaholic
Oooh! I'll take one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

497 to go, and we're set! (remember that Don wants one two, so we're three stong already!)

HgRyu

Enlightened
One for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif
496 to go... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Hard anodize is first and foremost a functional plating and not a cosmetic plating. Grain and other irregularities will show up and tints will vary significantly from batch to batch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Added to FAQ as requested.

I am also in for one 3x123 body, but of course I'd want it in the finish Don won't provide ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bernie

Geode

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Darell said:
Whoa! Stop guys! Before Don comes in here and opens up a can of Whoop-Aleph on us... and blames me!

[/ QUOTE ] /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast
<ul type="square"> Doug Speck's current UBH has a silver-grey finish (I presume it is HA) which looks very good with a HA-black tailcap and black A3 head. [/list]
a3ubh.jpg