Help! Broken Lionheart Lens

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
The lens shop is out of LionHeart lenses. The only way is to beg borrow or steal from someone who bought extras.

T

TACTICAL WAREHOUSE

Beamhead,
Please contact www.flashlightlens.com and order a new replacement lens right away. Maybe you should order a couple of spares, too. Did you drop your light or did it just crack? Sometimes these things happen, so don't worry too much about it. I cracked my lens within minutes when I got my first VIP.

Dan

T

TACTICAL WAREHOUSE

Beamhead,
If Chris is out of stock, maybe he will order more material for these lights. Especially if we support him and a bunch of us sign up for extras. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm in for at least a few. Anyone else? With 505 LionHearts in circulation, we should be able to get a fair number of extra lens orders for Chris.

Dan

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've already asked Chris to notify me when he orders some more LH lenses. But hey if you can get a whole bunch of us together for some spare lens. I'm all for it. count me in.

Doug

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I already got my spares, and I can highly recommend the LDF lens. It makes for a really nice even beam pattern, and is much better than stock for most anything but long distance throw.

Peter

lmcmann

Newly Enlightened
I hate to do this, but I hate seeing an injured lH even more. PM me and I'll sell you one of my extra lenses for what it cost me.

Larry

Edit:
I have both the clear or LDF lenses, take your pick. Ummm, pick one I mean, until more become available I don't want to get rid of two.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
After seeing this thread, I am -so- glad that I bought extra lenses. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with Litefuse. The LDF made a nice difference in widening the beam and make it much more usable in the close to medium distance realm. It does lose some reach however.

Curtis

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
lmcmann said:
I hate to do this, but I hate seeing an injured lH even more. PM me and I'll sell you one of my extra lenses for what it cost me.

Larry

Edit:
I have both the clear or LDF lenses, take your pick. Ummm, pick one I mean, until more become available I don't want to get rid of two.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif
Thank You!

We must have replacements manufactured!

I would need at least 10.

How can we get it done.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Actually Chris (at FlashLightLens) also has a few Acrylite lenses on hand from what I've been told. They are plastic, but a very tough polycarbonate or similar, and although it does indeed smooth out the beam, it does not affect the reach by much so there is still a bright (yet smooth) hotspot. However the LDF of course provides the much more diffused flood-type beam pattern for those desiring that - but then these lenses are so comparatively cheap (compared to the lights themselves that is) that you should - buy'em both! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

flashlightlens

Newly Enlightened
To quote a little Godfather III:

"just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!"

I'll see what I can do to get a few of these back in stock. You'll have to give me a few weeks though. Keep an eye on our updates page for details and, well,....updates.

The Acrylite isn't in my hands quite yet. I'll throw them in this thread, or on the CPF Specials Page - depending on how many are available.

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder how difficult it would be to machine a groove around the circumference of the lens for an o-ring to isolate it from any drops...

Mark

hojobones

Newly Enlightened
How fragile is the lens thats comes on the LH? I planned on carrying it in my pocket, is that a bad idea? I'll get some backup lens just in case when there are available i suppose.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
It may be fine in your pocket. YMMV
Mine cracked after falling on a laminate floor(but that was just the lens not the whole light).
It must have hit just right. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif