Which handheld light has the longest throw?

DaGeek

Enlightened
Hey guys which unmodded handheld(meaning under 3D mag size) light do you think has the longest throw??

ps. I'm not talking about spotlights, searchlights or lasers!!!!

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefiregeek,

Since throw is totally dependent on the size of the reflector and the intensity/amount of light bigger lights throw farther since they have more power available and a larger reflector to focus that light further out you will get more meaningfull answers if you ask about best throwing light per powersource. "What is the best throwing light that runs on 2x123 ?"

cy

Flashaholic
Surefire M6 w/hola and of course 6 fresh CR123 batteries for a 3D mag sized production light.

for an unmodded not a custom LED light. the title belongs to Barbolight U-09 for max throw.

Surefire U2 would hold the honors if you mean a production LED light.

MR-X X3T would have the most throw of any LED light. except possibly the fab PK-1.

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Diving lights tend to be very tightly focused. I wouldn't be surprised if a UK SL6 can cut through an M6 beam. Another honorable mention would be the PT Surge.

Mark

StEaLtH_

Enlightened
My 9PT has some serious throw, I believe it will outhrow my MC but not by much.
It's also very light and pretty small (except for the head).

Brock

Flashaholic
I have all of the lights mentioned above, except theBarbolight U-09, I NEED a link /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif and the M6 is the clear winner for me.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about exactly 3D Mag size? The Magcharger has a very tight beam with a great deal of throw, also pretty bright. Toss in a WA lamp and it's as bright as anything. It sends out a tiny hot spot when focused all the way down.

Owning both a 6D Mag and an MC I can say the stock MC is so much better it isn't even a contest.

Francois1

Newly Enlightened
It could be the 9nt with a smooth reflector. Mine outhrows my magcharger by a big margin.

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unmodded, The lights as mentioned.

Modded, and this is a small mod, a MagCharger with the WA1160 will outthrow all the above. Small, very hot, spot.

Bill

lymph

Enlightened
Mag 2c with different batteries and a different bulb. That isn't modding, is it?

(5 cell bulb and 3xCR123A batteries)

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gee lymph,

If you're going to use 3x123's, a Reflectalite GH24 is LOTS better than the Mag 5 cell bulb.

BUT....if you're going there, 3 3AA to D's, a WA1185, and a smooth reflector in a Mag!!

Nothing else is close until you get to the Osram and other Superbulbs.

Bill

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Tigerlight throws a serious wall of light from what I've heard, but isn't very tightly focused in comparison to the Mag.

The US won't outthrow my MagCharger.

Bill

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
ABTOMAT Has a point. once you go to a MC from a 4D-6D mag, it's a very noticable difference. I have not tried the WA-1160 yet, but i imagine it's brutal. My MC already is very brite and white, and once the bulb is centered right
I can't really see clearly an object it can't reach.VDG

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
VDG provides us with a perfect description of what real throw should be - enough light to expose distant objects which are beyond our ability to sufficiently focus upon...except Greg said it in fewer words. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif