SL Strion vs Stinger HP

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had my Stinger HP XT either lost/misplaced/stolen recently nonetheless I am without but I still have the charging unit with a spare battery. I was wondering how close are the two lights in terms of beam quality. I know the Stinger HP is rated at 40,000cp whereas the Strion is about twice the cp as the Scorpion. My question is this, is the difference that noticable and does the Strion have a little throw with it? I do notice that the unit is focusable. Is the reflector smooth or the usual 50/50?

Thanks,
Dave

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the size, the Strion is a very bright little light. The reflector is orange peel type. I've never seen a Stinger HP, but the regular Stinger is maybe 20% brighter than the Strion... not stunningly brighter, but definately noticable when they are used next to one another. They both have decent throw.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, I just went a checked Quickbeam's charts and it looks like the Stinger and Strion have almost exactly the same total output as the Surefire P61 and P60 lamps, repsectively... Never noticed that before. The Strion and P60 may have the same total output, but the Strion can throw way, way further.