• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

What is the best LE for a Aleph 2

mountaineer

Newly Enlightened
I want to build a Aleph 2 and would like to ask you guys about your opinions on a LE that fits good to this Head and reflector. I am planning a Exe.head mod with a NG400 and 20mm reflector so I have got the 400ma area covered .
Thanks
-------------------
Kenny

scuba

Enlightened
I've been very happy with my NG500. Great output and runtime. I'm sure that you can't go wrong with the 400 as well.

Darell

Flashaholic
How are you going to use the light? How many batteries? If you want a light that you'll use every day, drive it at 400 or 500. If you have two batteries and won't use it for great lengths at a time, go for 666.

mountaineer

Newly Enlightened
I will be running it on 1 x 123 . I think a NG500 would be the best choice .

----------
Kenny

Kiessling

Flashaholic
dito. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The Aleph2 is the only bezel where the LuxIII is clearly superior than the LuxV in all aspects ...

bk

mountaineer

Newly Enlightened
Now after hearing that im realy getting excited . I am looking for a light that has a beam with a tight flood , something close to a L4 but throw´s a little farther .
I have a Aleph 1 with a NG700 and the beam is a little tight IMHO . Maby Im looking for something that doesent exist . I am so used to the beam of the L4 it is hard to
get used to something else .

-------------------
Kenny

Darell

Flashaholic
mountain - look no further. The A-2 head is your dream come true. It is a "throwing flood" Tighter than the L4, fuzzier than the A-1. You'll love it. It is my favorite head of all time. Well.. except for the A-3. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mountain,

An Aleph II head with a 500mA light engine and Lux III will definitely get the job done.

I personally like the A1 as a sort of a jack of all trades. It has a decent sidespill and monstrous throw. If you can have only one light, I would suggest the Aleph I.

If you can have more than one light, I'd recommend both the A2 and A3. The A2 will more than do for more than 90% of what you would use a flashlight for. For that other 10%, you'll really need that extra throw. That's were the A3 comes in.

For the A2, 500mA is a sweet spot being a good compromise between runtime and brightness. An A2 on a 1X123 body with a slim tail switch and pocket clip is probably the perfect pocket light.

Trev1960

Newly Enlightened
I use an A2 with an NG500 and 1 x123 for most of my work. It is an excellent setup that will not dissapoint, if you need a throw monster then the A3 is in a class of its own.