Brinkman Maxfire LX

JDELUNA

Newly Enlightened
I bought one of these from Walmart for $20, excellent light for the price. I was looking at the archives and was looking to see if there was anyway to upgrade the bulb, I do not think I found anything, but did see that the older Legend LX was able to be upgraded using the SF P60 and P61 lamp assemblies. The Maxfire LX that I have seems to have a different bulb, I looked at the SF site and compared it to the ones they have and the one I have seems to be like the MN03 bulb that hey have for the E2 series lights. Am I correct in this ?? Is there any other upgrade for this light besides going to SF ?? Thanks again for any info. God BLess. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are threads on this in the incandescent forum, but the P60-61 lamp/reflectors are straight drop ins. You don't have to do anything to make them work.

Bill

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the siz fits it should work. They both use the same voltage. As long as the bulb fits into the bezel, it should work.

-tom

DaGeek

Enlightened
Hey I saw the the maxfire LX at wal-mart how does it compare to the G2???

JDELUNA

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
bwaites said:
There are threads on this in the incandescent forum, but the P60-61 lamp/reflectors are straight drop ins. You don't have to do anything to make them work.

Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill,

I have tried to take the reflector off of the head of my Maxfire but it does not screw off that I can see, and again the bulb in there now in the Maxfire looks like the MN03 bulb, so to me that seems like the p60/061 will not work or fit. I just wish someone else with a Maxfire LX can correct me or agree with me on this. God Bless.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the rechargeable Maxfire... when you takethe bezel off, the light sort of comes out on its own. Then there is a black plastic piece that has external threads that screws into the bezal and retains the reflector. Just unscrew that black piece, the reflector will fall out and you are ready to drop in the P60 or P61 lamp assembly. Honestly though, in my opinion, the difference between the beam thrown by the Maxfire vs the P60 lamp is very, very similar. Not nearly the world of difference that some folks probably expect. In my opinion, it isn't worth the cost. I mean, if you already have a G2 and just really prefer the Maxfire light, then sure... go ahead and use that lamp that's being ignored. But if you don't own a P60 and the bulb of your Maxfire isn't burned out, and you have to go out of your way to get the P60... then there are probably better things you can spend your money.

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree that replacing the stock bulb with a P60 is basically pointless, there is minimal difference between the two.

However, replacing it with the P61 is cool and basically doubles the output, while cutting the run time on 2 123's to about 18-20 minutes.

It's REALLY cool in the rechargeable version, free P61 minutes!!

Bill

JDELUNA

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
cratz2 said:
I have the rechargeable Maxfire... when you takethe bezel off, the light sort of comes out on its own. Then there is a black plastic piece that has external threads that screws into the bezal and retains the reflector. Just unscrew that black piece, the reflector will fall out and you are ready to drop in the P60 or P61 lamp assembly. Honestly though, in my opinion, the difference between the beam thrown by the Maxfire vs the P60 lamp is very, very similar. Not nearly the world of difference that some folks probably expect. In my opinion, it isn't worth the cost. I mean, if you already have a G2 and just really prefer the Maxfire light, then sure... go ahead and use that lamp that's being ignored. But if you don't own a P60 and the bulb of your Maxfire isn't burned out, and you have to go out of your way to get the P60... then there are probably better things you can spend your money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am thinking that the Rechargeable Maxfire and the regular Maxfire do not have the same head assemblies. I have never seen the rechargeable one, so I do not know for sure. I have tried looking for one at my local Walmart when I bought my regular Maxfire LX but there was none.

JDELUNA

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
bwaites said:
I have both, same head assembly.

The only difference is the body on the rechargeable is longer.

Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill,

Thanks for the info, are you able to take the reflector out of the head assembly so that it can be replaced with a P60/P61 ???

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
From what I can tell the Maxfire is comparible to the G2. You're going to love it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

chiphead