HP Inkjet Printers...

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anybody ever have one that just plain quit working! Hit the power button to power up the printer and nothing happens, dead as a door nail!!! The printer is probably about 2.5 years old, has seen little use in the time and is only on it's second cartridge. The model number is 6122.

BobVA

Enlightened
Try unplugging it for an hour or so...that usually un-corks my HP Photosmart.

Hope this helps,

Bob

iddibhai

Enlightened
never had one die all out, but our last hp did die after about 5 years of heavy service.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I have a second hand (from buddy) Deskjet 610CL that gets moderate use and is perhaps 6 years old now. No problems like that.

I don't know which model is at work, but it has lasted 3.5 years so far.

Try the unplugged reset thing. It don't cost nothin'.

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got 3 including a 722C that I bought in '97 and have never had a problem.

greenLED

Flashaholic
I've had the same HP printer for years and years, no probs. I also "rescued" one from a dumpster near school; cleaned it, and it's still going strong after two years.

Could be the adapter. Do you have GFI's at your place? Sometimes they go off and disconnect power from other outlets too (happens at my place /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif).

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
My HP printers have been very reliable, but all mechanical things break after a while. If the resetting thing does not work, I would recommend just replacing the printer. They are too cheap to repair or even trouble over at this point. Heck, the ink cartridges that come with them justify a big portion of the cost of the printer.

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got an HP photosmart p1100 that's been running well for a few years now. So far, it's been great.

LukeK

Enlightened
I'm still using the same printer as Fitz (722c). I had to replace the main belt that moves the ink carriage around, but it's worked like a charm for quite a long time. No problems with power failing. Have you checked around online to see if others have had this problem?

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
A lot of the early 600's had the external power supply, measure and see if there is voltage from it. They all have a small fuse soldered on the logic board on the back, pull it open and see if the fuse blew.
I had a 600c that I ran for 5 years and replaced it with a 1218 when they first came out, had it for 4 years now. My uncle still uses the 600c.