• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Hey Don...

GutWrench

Enlightened
Please make the flared body for cr123's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif I really like the look of it but have no need for a thirty minute runtime torch. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Derek,
You want just about everything I am *not* making!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif There is an order in for some flared versions of 2x123 tubes but lets keep that to ourselves, OK? Besides, You will want a color that I am not planning on doing, anyway!!1 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

Wait, You want a 1x123 flared and not 2x123, right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Well, after the inventory of the existing 1x123's gets down to make some room, maybe......... In the mean time, if you want 500 of the 1x123 with a flared tail, let me know and I will even give you a good discount on the lot! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you mean the 123 version of the new CR2 tube, I also want one. I like the lanyard attanchment point so that I can use the FT switch to cut down on the overall length.

GutWrench

Enlightened
2x123 is even better!!! My Wiz2 LE runs a loooooongtime on 2x123's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif As long as its HA I dun care what color they are. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Let me know when they get there!! I will have to pass on the lot of 500 Oh wait...you got change for million?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Derek,
Billson wants one so you are now only *stuck* for 499 of them! I am sure that you will find others interested too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif Heck, I'll take a few myself!

BTW,
If you use a NG350 or NG400 with the CR2, the runtime will improve and you will be impressed with the amount of light you still get! Heck run one on a NG200 and you will really have an "intelligent" choice in small pocket light! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don, who in their right mind wants an "intelligent" choice of a light? That's against the CPF mantra of "MORE LIGHT"

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I am personnally leaning more and more towards reasonable drive currents as IMHO the high driven monsters don't achieve that much more to justify the sacrifices.
That said ... one of my last lights was a DB1200 LE ... man, that's *bright* /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BTW ... I am in for those special bodies, too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

bernhard

cmassicotte

Newly Enlightened
Sheesh!!!

You guys are sure making it hard for me not buy my first Aleph..

Oh No.... Did I say "First?" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Chuck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

rikvee

Enlightened
this whole flange or 'flared' lanyard attachment is the key to a real ergonomic improvement for the whole Aleph range!
Surefire sort-off did it with the pastic ring for their A2/L1/L2, but a flange can also hold other attachments.
In my job, I only use a light on a neck lanyard, ready to press with a thumb, or stick the end between my teeth, and ready to drop when not needed, no hands!
Rings and clips at the tail-end of the body just get in the way.

Setting up live sound gear while the lights are being focussed means I'm often in the dark just as I'm plugging in stuff...
Trying to walk through a dense crowd with leather pouches hanging off a belt means you get hooked, and end up dragging women's handbags and loose clothing behind you....
That's why it's a neck lanyard for me, no hands and right where I need it.

So I hope if I wait long enough there'll be a flared Pila sized body as well, I'll have 2, 498 to go- I'm sure there'll be lots of others, though....
Happy New Year,

Rik the soundman in sunny Perth.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Rik,
The yet to be seen 2x123 tail will hold the Pila 168s (after you remove the dang wraper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif) . Below is a line drawing of what is hopefully soon to be machined.

2x123-F.gif

I increased the width of the flange or flair on the 2x123 so there should be ample beef for mounting a tab or pocket clip or GPS antenna if so desired by the user. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I too find utility in the flange but I like all kinds of mounting options! I have a Ti chain on my neck at all times that has a "Pico" clip hanging from it. I can hang a light or my phone or motel room key from this whenever it seems like the right thing to do. Yes, I am a clip nurd! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

Need I point out that when one has thumbs in ears with fingers waving and tongue out, the need for hands free is critical!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Cute body, Don !
I mean, the soon-to-be machined one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif !
Will you offer in in HA-BLUE ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif
bernie

Barefootone

Enlightened
<font color="blue"> </font> Hey Don,
Sweet, me likes
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif MERRY X-MAS <font color="red"> </font> /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif
Keep-em bright in the night /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/au.gif,
Jeff

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Sith,

It is an E compatable tube so the switch can be that of your choice.

W4DIZ

Enlightened
Looking good Don!Merry Christmas! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif
Thank You for all of your wonderfull creations.I am looking forword to getting more soon.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Thanks guys and happy holidays and a warm cheer to all of you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
Say... now you're singing MY tune. I'm partaking of a bit o' "warm cheer" right now. Which means I really shouldn't be posted. Might be illegal. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

And more relevant to this topic, I've been working on my own personal "flange" for the past couple of evenings. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif