Anyone else bought a laser from Vital-Spirit?

CliffS

Newly Enlightened
I just got mine in the mail. Nice new 105 pointer, and when I went to take the button off, it looks like someone beat me to the pot. adjust! The sucker is BRIGHT, like 15mW or maybe a bit more.

Not such a bad thing, but I was kind of sad I didn't get to crank the thing myself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Azecos

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I bought one from him to. I'm very happy with it. Also very fast shippings!!! 3 days to the Netherlands /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

liteglow

Enlightened
i did buy 3 lasers from Vital spirit !
And he did ship to Norway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
FAST shipping and perfect lasers...
i did pot mod all 3 lasers, and the result was BRIGHT !!

I did buy one from Wicked, and that one is only HALF so bright as the one from Vital /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

deezdrama05

Enlightened
I got mine from vital and it had the pot hole there already too, I asked him if he weeds out the good crystal set units and he said there like that from the factory, mine had the hole but it wasnt near maxed out I adjusted the pot aligned the chrystals and did a resistor mod and it cranks out over 50mw now.

wolfblue

Newly Enlightened
Got one from Vital*Spirit with the hole already there two weeks ago. About 4mw out of the box. 12-14mw after pot mod. Very happy with Vital*Spirit.

Wyvern

Newly Enlightened
i ordered another 105 from vital spirit today i asked him if he could send one with a superior mca but i dont know if he will, i'm going to order a 350mw diode from i fixlasers too, ive just emailed him to find out how to go about it.

With the replacement diodes, do they go onto the driver board with the same pin arrangement as the old one? and apart from stage 1,2,and 3 mods, what will i have to do with the driver board?

Arni

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
the 350 mWatt diode have the same pin arangement withe the weak original diode and its no problem to change it. Only the pin for the Photodiode u have to cut, u dont need it. And it very important to isolate die - Pin. Without u can get easily an shortcut.
And when it work it is GREAT !!!

deezdrama05

Enlightened
hey wyvern....Let me know if vital spirit gives you a pointer with good mca, I recentlly messed up my superlaser and am going to try my luck with another leadlight from vital. Also ive been thinking of getting a new diode from ifixlasers but isnt the stock diodes in leadlights a 500mw sony??Are these replacement diodes any better or just a"replacement"

sbk

Newly Enlightened
Just to let you know, with Vital Spirit Leadlights, you already have a 350mW IR diode into it... I measured it, 300-400mW with 320mA.

Double_E

Newly Enlightened
I got one from them a couple weeks ago, 8 mW stock, 42 mW just after doing the pot mod! It burns right through a trash bag.

Wyvern

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
sbk said:
Just to let you know, with Vital Spirit Leadlights, you already have a 350mW IR diode into it... I measured it, 300-400mW with 320mA.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you sure, is this just with vital spirit? i heard the standard diodes were 100-250mw?

sbk

Newly Enlightened
I am sure, that I measured about 350mW with the current at 320mA without resistor mod. And over 400mW (don't remember the exact values) with a resistor mod and 400-450mA current. All measured with my Coherent Lasercheck...
I have 20 Leadlight from Vital Spirit here, a few (1-2 units) measure ~50mW with just a pot mod and with cool temperature (10°C)! And that's real power, not measured with a LED...

Wyvern

Newly Enlightened
im planning on putting thermal grease on the diode and all interconnecting parts and then doing the resistor mod, is why i asked for a good mca

deezdrama05

Enlightened
I plan on doing the same thing, let me know when you get it if they gave you one with good MCA, Cause if they do ill ask for a good mca set too. I just hope my next one will last longer than my first. I miss that bright *** beam