• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Parts on building an alpeh2

pkjames

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys:

I am looking to build my first Apleh for x'mas, and got a bit confused by the parts. Since I am in Australia, I want to make sure I can get all the parts in one shot otherwise will cost lotz of postage. Any comments on the following parts list? Do I missing anything here? (quoted from dat2zip's shoppe)

1 x Aleph Trim Tailcap (Black) with two stage switch
1 x Aleph 1X123 Power pack-Black
1 x BB Nexgen 500mA **NEW**
1 x Aleph 2 Head Kit - Black only
1 x Aleph Light Engine Kit
1 x Aleph Tailcap Silver Contact Spring
1 x Silicon 15 O-ring for Aleph Power pack Alpeh (backup)
1 x Silicon 17 O-ring for Aleph Power pack Alpeh (backup)

I got the LED and epoxy.

Merry x'mas!!

Cheers,
James

McGizmo

Flashaholic
James,
I believe the tailcap with switch also includes thecontact spring but it looks to me like you have it covered. Are you getting the switch with a resistored PCB or doing the resistor yourself?

pkjames

Newly Enlightened
Thanks big brother!
I will probably just order a ready-to-go tailcap, because I seriously doubt my soldering skill, esp for those tiny resistors. Essenitially I will only build the LE this time, and next time will try to build the switch+LE.

BTW, you mean a ready-to-go switch will have the spring attached to it so I don't have to buy another one?

Cheers,
James

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
pkjames said:
BTW, you mean a ready-to-go switch will have the spring attached to it so I don't have to buy another one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.

Latest posts