beer or flashlights

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

• Total voters

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please take a moment to vote in this poll. This is not a morality test (unless necessary). Please post if you like beer. MMMmmm....

And if you get to vote again, even better!

Last edited:

theepdinker

Enlightened
Just became aware of my flashlight attraction this year.
I've had a taste for good beer & ales for years.

Next year may be an interesting comparison though.

Theepdinker

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I had to vote flashlights. (A week ago, and it would've been different. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif )

Larry

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Easy one for me. I went through rehab 12 years ago and it took. More flashlights for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't spend any money on beer this year. In fact, other than the alcohol in toothpaste I didn't spend any money on anything of the sort, so I'd say flashlights win. .

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like beer but almost never buy any alcohol. My work requires socializing and I get more alcohol than I need - almost whether I want it or not - that way.

It may sound good but trust me, it's work.

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
Lets see - I think I've had 2 beers this year, so.... (oh, and 1/2 bottle of wine, and 3-4 hard drinks)

14C

Enlightened
I think someone should invent a flashlight that runs on beer.

Of course at some point maybe everyone would be in the dark..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
http://www.thebeerstore.ca/ultimate/beer-history.html

"By 1990 there were 62 brewing plants operating in every province except Prince Edward Island and the brewing and marketing of beer was contributing more than $10 billion to the Canadian economy. Those early settlers and traders would be astonished to learn that the local employment impact of the country's beer industry is nearly 100,000 direct and related jobs."

The beer industry wins easily over the flashlight industry.

Also, I'd bet that more cans and bottles of beer are made per year than alkaline batteries of all sizes.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't vote....I have no idea... I have this collection of lights and I have no idea how many empties I tossed out this year.

But when you are at a pub having a beer with your crew and your U2 pocket-clipped to your pants, you know, things don't seem so bad after all... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went to the usual Cristmas gathering, there was lots of beer, wine, spirits, food ect. I had no alcohol at all
instead I took my 3AA Lux-3 flashlight with me, I think
that more people got a buzz out of the Flashlight than the beer, when it came to handing out the presents, I gave a few
people Led Flashlights, they were so impressed that even they forgot where the beer was.

simbad

Enlightened
I really don´t know how many beers I had this year but before I put my vote I had the natural reaction to check my belly to see the secundary effects after one more year of the daily couple of beers after the work.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fat_Tony

Enlightened
Since I was one of the (possibly dumb) few to purchase a Beast this year, I would have to be a raging alcoholic to have answered beer!! I did just buy a case of Heineken about a week or so ago, and at around $ 32.00 per case in the Philly Suburbs, it would have taken 90.63 cases of Heineken this year to equal a Beast. That's about a 6 pack a day. I don't remember who, but I saw someone on this forum had "It's better to be a flashoholic than an alcoholic" as his signature line. After doing that calculation, I have to agree. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
PK handed the Beast to me at the 2003 Shot show to try out. That's as close as I'll ever be to one.
You are blessed, FT.

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beer...and that's taking into account the $300 I spent on an X990, among other things. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif It's kind of impossible to not drink when you know as many people in college as I do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Being that I'm not of legal drinking age, I have spent no money on beer and thus more on lights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif