Just a preview of my lasershow ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbk

Newly Enlightened
pict11521dr.jpg

With closed loop galvos /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
More pictures and videos will comes soon...

liteglow

Enlightened
aaaaaaaaaay like it !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

where is the pictures of the galvo scanners ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
and what software did u use..

oh oh tell me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif)

did like it alot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sbk

Newly Enlightened
I use an homemade software, "Popelscan"...
Hardware : my 250mW green laser, two power supply (+12/-12V, +5V), a 8 bits output card connected on the parallel port, and the command card of the galvos with integrated security.

pict11126ji.jpg

pict11143kt.jpg

pict11160so.jpg

pict11391sn.jpg

liteglow

Enlightened
oh love it alot !!
did u make all that yourself ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

what is the cost of galvo + driver board of galvos /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif !!

what about make one to me ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

sbk

Newly Enlightened
I just assembled the all with little electronics modifications to work correctly, and made the plexiglas support. And resolved all the problems /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I will put all in a great box later, now it's just a prototype...

The galvos + driver cost 500 euros, the power supply 25 euros and the output card 60 euros = 735$.
But to do that you need a stable laser module with blanking input, not just a Leadlight... Mine cost 620$ on eBay /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

If you are interested I will sell this galvos and driver board next year to buy faster galvos.

liteglow

Enlightened
i got a GLP3 150mW..
that will do the job to begin with ?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif make a galvo show has always been my dream /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
and one day it will become alive..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sbk

Newly Enlightened
With a GLP-III I think you can't do blanking (stop the beam between transitions...) but it will do the job otherwise.
It's just a problem to fix it stable on a table since it is round /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yes for me too it WAS a dream lol, now it's realised /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
It's quite amazing in real, a lot more than in the pictures, it really worth the money! I can display animations, fast moving beams, etc, but I have to improve and optimize that now.

liteglow

Enlightened
i love it !!
if i make electric (shield?) after the beam from the laser, then i can make the blanking with no problem /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

oh i really want to make a galvo scanerrrrrrrrrr....

sbk

Newly Enlightened
>liteglow : maybe you can do a blanking for your glp-III with simple electronics like an optocoupler which feed the laser when you put +5V on the optocoupler, and without 5V the circuit is open so no laser...

>Cliffs : sorry I don't understand what you are meaning (expression?), I usually don't speak english /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Raccoon

Enlightened
I believe Cliffs trying to ask if you subscribe to the Something Awful forums. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
(goons have this secret handshake of pushing/shoving people down stairs)

liteglow

Enlightened
SBK: the blanking will i make with no problem /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
The only problem i got is; Software + Galvo driver boards /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

sbk

Newly Enlightened
Liteglow : also you need the most important things /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I buy these parts in Germany, the output card and software at mylaserpage and the galvos and driver at jmlaser.
They have a christmas special prices until 31 december...

Raccoon

Enlightened
I'd love to see the interface you're using to sketch and program these patterns. It would be very cool if you could 'draw' and the galvo displayed it live. Then you could outline or accent whatever object it is you're projecting on, making the drawing fit perfectly!

Rock on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

laserandshow

Banned
sell laser parts:bumpit:

laser diode,galvo,mounts ect.

best regards
nancy

Do not bump old threads for the sole purpose of advertising.

Thread closed.

Unforgiven

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.