Some MORE Driverboard schematics and more...

Enigmahack

Newly Enlightened
Again, here we have the diode's driver schematics...

my-sch.jpg

Here's a 4 point voltage/time graph of when the pot is turned to the minimum.

potmin.jpg

Below is the same - however turned to the max output.
potmax.jpg

And this time, when you short it to the case.
potcase.jpg

Thanks to "west" for doing all this research in this particular field - hopefully we'll be able to all benefit from these /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CHP

Newly Enlightened
Enigmahack,

Thanks again for posting this! The LD current for the case with the pot wiper shorted to the case is really beyond the simulation capability since it is dependent on many thing that I couldn't model. You can see when the pot wiper gets tied to the case, the current is ramped through the LD much quicker and may cause some thermal stress in the LD shortening its life.

cbfull

Newly Enlightened
I applaud all of your efforts to customize this circuit. Isn't reverse-engineering fun?

It makes me wonder if it would be easier to just try to re-design the whole thing and build our own circuit for it. This might solve the problem with the newer model Leadlights as well.

Enigmahack

Newly Enlightened
hey - what a brilliant idea!

Let's design/make our OWN. The only thing is that we'll have to take the little black chip on the underside off...

Works on broken driverboards though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

cbfull

Newly Enlightened
I haven't seen the new leadlight guts yet (GPL-110, I think), but can anyone take a picture of the glass part that is getting broken off?

Are the diode pins the same or is the feedback provided to the circuit board via the third pin?

Just some thoughts. I'm sure you probably thought of that.