Tailcap for Mini-Mag Light

KenTaylor

Newly Enlightened
Can someone please point me to a replacement tail cap for a 2-AA Mini-Mag Light. I need one with a coiled, self retracting, cord and a pressure switch.

TIA,

Ken

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
why not forget the MiniMag entirely? Of course unless you have a sandwiche already installed. If not, move onto something else, or if you really dont want to part with that mag, buy a kroll. It is a lot more convenient IMO.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
A mag as a gun mount? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Umm errr wouldnt the hostages be dead by the time you spot them? I mean, for tactical situations I dont think a Mag is what you would want.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
For spotting them, I would think a minimag with a high output luxIII, proper battery, and proper optic may do fine. I've lit up whole back yards with mine.

I don't carry a gun, so I may be all wrong.

Daniel

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe you could club them with it??

Ohh, wait, no, Minimag wouldn't work so well for clubbing.

Ken, could you give us a little better description of what you're looking for?

KenTaylor

Newly Enlightened
I am looking to mount a Mini-Mag on a Remington 870 shotgun clamp to the magazine extension tube). Need to mount the momentary switch pad to the forend which of course moves when one cycles the action. Thus the need for the recoiling wire. I have seen these for laser sites but not for a mag. Strictly indoors use - the hall closet gun.

mokona2

Enlightened
I don't think the minimag body will fit the standard 1-in scope ring mounts that are typically used. Also, there really isn't any "off the shelf" tail caps with switch pads for minimags (again the body diameter is too small). The stock minimag isn't bright enough for your intended use and after all the modifications required to get it to where you need it you may as well go with a pre-configured unit.

Why not go with a Surefire replacement forend? They are already shock isolated and come with a pressure pad.