Green Laser Safety Questioned on Slashdot

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Groan... now that it's on Slashdot, we can expect several lame and alarmist TV reporters grabbing the nearest laser pointer and doing a standup about laser safety, where he/she holds the laser pointer up to the camera and says, breathlessly, ..."by using a laser pointer JUST LIKE THIS ONE that I purchased at the nearest drugstore!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Mind you, I'm all for laser safety and I handle mine responsibly. It's just that those kinds of articles pulled from places like Slashdot and Fark have "slow news day" or "sweeps week" written all over them.

Raccoon

Enlightened
Great. So ShiftLock gets Slashdotted. Morons.

Sadly that, anything capable of "being used as a weapon" is apparently too powerful for us common folk.

I think it's high time our government came out with an "I am not an idiot" license, allowing the barer access to all things illegal and banned for "public safety" reasons.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Yeah, us common folk can't be trusted with anything! Especially most anything that shows up in a school science project. Heck, even a butane lighter can be turned into a weapon when it's coupled with a good fart. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
PhotonWrangler said:
. . . even a butane lighter can be turned into a weapon when it's coupled with a good fart. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

PhotonWrangler -- You have quite a way of turning a phrase! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif -- Paul