A good supplier of old modifiable green lasers!

LaserMod

Enlightened
Hey all,

Just some more info for research purposes:

Bought a few lasers from SuperBert earlier and they just arrived a few days ago - this is one of the fewer sellers left who can get a hold of the old 'modifiable Leadlights' and believe me this seller doesn't rumage through a batch for the efficient ones!

I bought four - they were the AtlasNova brand.

The results are as follows with supposedly 5mw models /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif before and after pot mod:

25mw - 40mw
5mw - 30mw
5mw - 15mw
5mw - 3mw - don't know what happened there.

As you can see the 40mw was instantly 'mine,' the 3mw must be the worst case of efficiency the laser community has ever known. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

I'll be taking them apart soon and swapping diodes crystals anything that is removable - I have an MCA en route from Casix so we'll see what happens. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

Anywho, seasons greetings and a happy 2005 to all at CPF
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/au.gif

and the rest of the modifying community.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

liteglow

Enlightened
i did buy "old" laser from Vital Spirit..
the quality of ALL the 3 lasers i did buy was 100% perfect !

And he does sells the old style /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

cbfull

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
LaserModifier said:
I'll be taking them apart soon and swapping diodes crystals anything that is removable - I have an MCA en route from Casix so we'll see what happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which one did you order? I'm guessing it is the one with the highest power rating (<60mW @ 532).
Part # DPM1102

I'd be very interested to hear how that goes! Best of luck!

slammin

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered myself one. Hope i get one of the more modifiable ones rather than a dud. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks for the info!

slammin

Newly Enlightened
9b_1_b.JPG

Does anyone know what brand my laser pointer is made by, as I bought it second hand. Do they all come in a box like this? Ive only had one up to now so I wouldnt know. It has no brand labelled anywhere.

liteglow

Enlightened
That box is like all my laser came with /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
It`s a leadlight i guess /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SuperBert

Enlightened
i would need to check on that, as i havent yet shipped to australia... i will find out when i ship some lasers at the first of next week... id imagine it would be somewhere around $20-$40 (with the $8 already factored in, not on top of that)... it just depends on how soon you want it.... ill find out some numbers for you though...

LaserMod

Enlightened
Yeah I'll post what happens.

DPM1102

I think some fancy messing to do to get the MCA into a leadlight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

The specifications are for 500mw diode and under - I think I'll peform the 9mm upgarde at the same time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

markiv123

Newly Enlightened
Re: A good supplier of old modifiable green lasers

See, now I would question if the new shipment that Bert is getting will in fact be the old style leadlight... My main purpose for ordering from Bert was because it was supposedly the old-school kind.. we shall see... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Guliver

Newly Enlightened

Lasermodifier, I did replace a crystal set about a year ago on the leadlight with a Casix set (I believe the 1102's)..Havta dig back to see which ones tho, Had to cut the notch out ( I think) 1/2 mm in the pie-shaped section that they are glued to..as that set was a 1mm larger in diameter .,then I used some high-temp (blue) epoxy to hold them..replaced the diode with a 9mm 500mW ,.the unit worked great and seen well over 100mW at times .so I figured I musta had a good diode. Oh ,Yeah .believe it or not I didnt have too much trouble with alignment either. Later on- I moved everything to a better mount/heatsink with cooling...That same set is still working ..hard to believe the punishment I gave them..another story
Marconi

LaserMod

Enlightened

Yeah thanks Marconi, we'll see what happens...

larry2

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
SuperBert said:
i would need to check on that, as i havent yet shipped to australia... i will find out when i ship some lasers at the first of next week... id imagine it would be somewhere around $20-$40 (with the $8 already factored in, not on top of that)... it just depends on how soon you want it.... ill find out some numbers for you though...

[/ QUOTE ]

so what will you charge cpf members to ship to australia ?
abeland seems to be charging $59 + $21 shipping =$80
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14954&item=5732980680