Warning - Warning

shipinretech

Enlightened
I feel your pain. The electrical connection in the MiniMAG is not my favorite thing in the world. An early version of the InReTech adapter that did not ever get to customers, used a bored out reflector that gave us some bad times. I am a lot happier about the lens we are using now.

I would not plan on using that adapter for serious work involving shock anymore. After you straighten the leads, check to make sure that they aren't loose. If it is convenient and you have the tools, you might consider re-soldering the leads. If the light starts to flicker when shaken, the connection to your leads might have cracked from the torque.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
WARNING - WARNING

Be vary careful about putting the TechAss pill in a AAA minimag! Mine got stuck in head of the minimag. In trying to turn the light off I wound up twisting the leads to the pill together (just like a twist tie). The pill was stuck in the housing and was NOT turning. I had to take the bezel off and take the reflector out. A fair amount of pressure applied to the led finally got the pill loose. A bit of edge dressing with some emory cloth (if possible) might make the pill small enough to turn in the housing.

Remember that this pill was made for the AA Minimag and not the AAA Minimag.