vitalspirit vs bertztoys vs wickedlasers vs abelan

markiv123

Newly Enlightened
So my 'dilemma' is where to buy my 5mw Leadlight?

Bertztoyz: $78 with shipping: supposedly modifiable
Wickedlasers: $79 plus shipping
Abeland1: $79 plus shipping
VitalSpirit: $79 plus shipping and supposedly modifiable

I definitely want one where I can do the pot mod and it would seem that Bertz is the best deal.. Can anyone verify that Bertz and VitalSpirit definitely still ship the old modifiable ones?? Thanks!

JWalker

Newly Enlightened
Re: vitalspirit vs bertztoys vs wickedlasers vs ab

Removed upon request as the post was harsh.

LaserMod

Enlightened

Jwalker I would remove that if I were you.

I have had no problems with Abeland, I have bought lasers from him and I very much intend to in the future. The shipping maybe a little high but the speed is ultra fast from the US to UK. The quality of the AtlasNova pointers is outstanding.

If it didn't work - they have a 3 month garantee, why didn't you send it back?

Bit of a dodgy question to post if you ask me, because of these comments rumours start to evolve about an otherwise good seller.

Bond007

Newly Enlightened

I was delighted with my EXTREME from wickedlasers and I haven't read anything bad about wickedlasers soooo..

CliffS

Newly Enlightened

I just bought one from VitalSpirit, on ebay, for like 67 SHIPPED. The pot was turned already, and it was incredibly bright.
I emailed him to make sure, and it was indeed the 105 (modifiable).

abeland1

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
JWalker said:
do NOT buy from abe, mine never work from him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Take a look at:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB3&Number=799998&Forum=,,All_Forums,,&Words=&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Main=799946&Search=true&where=&Name=10138&daterange=&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post799998

And all the rest of his posts. Always consider the source.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

LaserMod

Enlightened

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif Good one Abe!

ddaadd

Enlightened

Arnold Beland is the most reponsible seller out there, with the rare combination of both honesty and ethics, with genuine concern of how his products will be used.
And, he answers his phone...:)

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

I second that, ddaadd! Arnold's a straight shooter - he's honest and ethical. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

JWalker

Newly Enlightened

lol, you guys can calm down. All I meant by that comment was the ones purchased from him did not mod well, meaning the pot mod barely increased the power output and that suggest a low quality MCA. I said nothing about the sellers reputation, as he has a good one. I was merely speaking about personal experience. Oh, and arnold, I'm glad you brought up that post from a while back when I was inexperienced to criticize my knowledge on the subject. I see that instead of offering advice when you read that post you chose to remember it as just another nooby that you knew more than. I mean no disrespect or offense, it's just the way I see it.

P.S. And please, may we return to the subject matter of this thread as this person obviously is asking for help and we have all been in his position before.

LaserMod

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Bond007 said:
I was delighted with my EXTREME from wickedlasers and I haven't read anything bad about wickedlasers soooo..

[/ QUOTE ]

True I beleive WL to be a good seller. They charge basically for the pick of the bunch and my experiences with the company has proven this.

...and forgot to mention when I posted my Wicked Extreme had been returned...I can confirm the current was a steady 315ma + - 10ma. ...Not bad for a 50mw...oh and I confirmed that also with my meter...the needle points to 50mw and doesn't move... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif