KL3

D

**DONOTDELETE**

HI,

Has anyone heard when the KL3s will be available? I can't wait to try it with the C3!

Thanks

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Surefire M6:
HI,

Has anyone heard when the KL3s will be available? I can't wait to try it with the C3!

Thanks
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'm waiting for them too, but I'm also waiting for Doug Speck's "E3" Mod so I can use the KL-1 with three 123's.

Brightnorm

TOB9595

Enlightened
cool, even more choices
smile.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
The KL1 fits the E1(e) & E2(e) bodies. It can run off 3-9V (works best on two SF123As) but SureFire only have one SF123A or two SF123As bodies for the KL1.

The KL2 fits the M3 & M6 bodies. It can run off 6-9V (works best on the M3 running three SF123As).
I have the KL2 being powered by two SF123As in a proto-type WeaponLight body sample from PK.
The KL2 will NOT work on the M4 and is could be damaged if you try to power it with four SF123As.

The KL3 fits the standard body two SF123A and three SF123A SureFires. It will also run powered by the B65 NiCad battery stick. It can accept 6-9V.
The KL2 will NOT work on the 3P (one SF123A) or 12PM (four SF123As) and could be damaged if you try to power it with four SF123As.

I hope this helps?

Al

McGizmo

Flashaholic
John,

Hopefully that won't always be the case. The E2(e) just needs a little help and we're working on that......

E2E-C2-HOLA.jpg

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don, I think you have already had enough fun on this. When will you put it on volume production:)

Alan

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Ray,
The pocket clip is on the E2E; stock but bead blasted. It does look like it's on the adapter though.

Alan,
I'm getting a quote on 100 pieces of these and hope to see a first article in the next two weeks. If the part works as anticipated, I'll do a post on the buy, sell trade forum. The current plan is to have it done with HAIII. It will likely sell for under $30.00. I have these visions of a KL3 on an E3 only somehow the KLe has a 5W luxeon. Guess it wouldn't be a KL3 then.........

- Don

TOB9595

Enlightened
Brightnorm, I guess I've been dozing. I thought The KL1 was one or two 123's and the KL3 is 2 or 3 123's.
I've ordered a KL3 based on this. Please en-lighten me.
smile.gif

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't quite get it. Whats the difference between the KL1 and the KL3? Isnt the only difference the mounting choices and the KL3's rather large heat sink fins? What would you need the adapter for?

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don, why don't you also make an HA E3 body as well? This not only allows a 9v KL1 (w/o adapter) and 2AA KL1, it also allows a smaller version of 9v KL3 (w adapter) or for someone who doesn't want to get a new C3 yet wants to get brighter 9v KL3. By the way, I thought you and Wayne might have a 5W LS drop in that works with this adapter
grin.gif
tongue.gif
grin.gif

You will end up with:

a) e2 + adapter + KL3/bezel for P60/61
b) e3 body + KL1 (9v for longer runtime or 2AA for low running cost)
c) e2 + *adapter* + 5W LS drop in like the one you showed in other thread. I think the adapter also serve as heat sink, isn't it?
d) e3 body + *adapter* + potential newer version of 5W drop in for longer runtime.

I'll take whatever you make
grin.gif

Alan

Deviant

Enlightened
kl1.gif

kl3.gif

based on craig's run time graph could the KL1 and KL3 regulation be almost similar? both have full brighness for 4hr+ on 2*123

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Craig only tested the KL3 with 2 batteries. The performance is very similar with 2. Posted graphs with 3 cells show about a 25% increase in luminous output and 7+ hours of run time.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Originally posted by V8TOYOTATRK:
I don't quite get it. Whats the difference between the KL1 and the KL3? Isnt the only difference the mounting choices and the KL3's rather large heat sink fins? What would you need the adapter for?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">V8TOYOTATRK,

Perhaps the adapter should be called an E-P adapter as it allows an Ex power pak to host a P sized bezel. Since the KL3 is designed to run on 2 or 3 123 cells as well as fit on the P or standard sized SF light bodies, with the E-P adapter, it could also be hosted and powered by an E2(e) body. As Alan mentioned, it would also work on the non existant E3 or DSpec's universal power pack.

Alan,

I am already stretching my resources and taking a risk by commiting to having the E-P adapter made. I am also working on bringing another component out in a limited production that I believe some CPFers will find some value in. Since I don't have "First Articles" in hand I have been a bit premature about mentioning the E-P and I will keep silent about the other component until I am more confident that it will be a reality. As I told This_is_Nascar off forum, I am commited to bring the E-P to a reality and this could prove to be challenge enough.

An E3 is well beyond my resources and scope! Be my guest, or let's all hope that SF decides for some reason to bring this into production.

- Don