MAGLIGHT AAA LED MOD ?

6010 nsk

Newly Enlightened
hi ive been lurking for awhile and i see the AA maglight mods but not any for the AAA ?? . the AA is too big for my taste , i have a streamlight baton lite and i really like it but it is $$ compared to a maglight . ok well ill shuttup now
rolleyes.gif

INRETECH

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could replace the grain-of-wheat incandescent with a LED, but the AAA Maglite only has a single battery

Just for fun - I built up a very special prototype using a 12v battery and a resistor for my AAA Maglite; but with that tiny battery and a LED, it is not going to last long

As for TRUCKS, here is a picture of my brothers "little" truck:

http://www.inretech.com/personal/n7dkq/sandlake09022002/24.jpg

1946 6x6 + Licoln Cont 460cu (Bored over 0.030), 62 inch combine tires, custom transmission, custom transmission, custom springs

Weight 9000 lbs

Mike
www.inretech.com

Saaby

Flashaholic
Hmmm...are you refering to the 1 AAA Mag light--the Mag Solitare, or the AAA Minimag with 2 AAA batteries?

If it is the 1 AAA Mag solitare just save your money, bite the bullet and get an Arc AAA!

Empath

Flashaholic
I'm able to use the MagmaLED just fine in the 2AAA MiniMag, but the focus when used in the AA Mag is a much cleaner focus. I would rather have it in the AAA, but I left it in the AA.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Just spoke with representative at Technology Associates..she said they are out of the MagmaLED until the middle of November. It was just announced a few days ago. I wonder how many they initially started with. At $15 I'd like to see one, the idea of being able to use the reflector sparks my curiosity. Well, since I couldn't spend my money with them today, I ordered an InReTech 2AA white module to play with...Perhaps the MagmaLED will come later on...how many mini mags do I need...

6010 nsk

Newly Enlightened
the minimag 2 aaa one . kool truck did he do all the work?? i can still drive mine to costco to buy batteries
grin.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
610NSK,

I was successful in droping in a MagmaLED into a MiniMag AAA but then Roy here had one bind up and dang near go doggo on him. It seems to be a case of tollerance issues. Between sanding down the perimiter of the PCB and perhaps reaming the head of the Mag a bit, I would think you could be successful but no guarantees.....

- Don

Jacket

Newly Enlightened
Hello All!

First post for me! Whahoo! Anyways, I was wondering if anyone had done the Maglight Mod at:

http://thelightsite.cruxial.com/mods/solitaire.htm

And if so, what's the battery runtime on that mod with the 12V battery? The specs on the battery indicate that it is rated at 40mah, so I'm thinking around 1-2 hours of light. Is this right, or am I missing something? Of course, the best way to know is to talk to someone whose actually done it and that's why I'm here!

I'm thinking of trying this mod out, but I'd like some indication as to how long the light will run before I dive into it.

Thanks!

James Day

Lampje

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for bumping this old thread,
but it looks like the named MagmaLED
is no longer available at the linked site.

Does someone have another solution to mod my
MiniMag 2xAAA with a LED or maybe something else?

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Holy old thread, batman!!

FWIW, my dad found a 3mm LED and popped it into a 2AAA Minimag and it's been working for months. It's not Luxeon-bright, but it's enough to find stuff he dropped under the couch and whatnot..

Latest posts