ich moechte BLUE LEDs -help!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hey guys!
I'm planning on lighting up the front of my very custom computer case
smile.gif
with a few blue LEDs... there's basically a transparent green section on the front face of the case (on the bottom- it's the turquoise wavy thing in the second pic), and I would like to put a few blue leds BEHIND this, so it glows blue while the computer is on.
The LEDs must be as diffuse and even as possible, so I get a relatively uniform glow. It doesn't have to be perfect though. I'd like it not quite perfect to keep it interesting.

1st pic:
casefinal.jpg

2nd pic:
casefinal2.jpg

I've painted it a glossy candy apple black with silver metalflake since the pic, and I've also done a few other cosmetic mods.
Thanks.

JollyRoger

Enlightened
Sie moechten blau leds? Dann vielleicht koennen Sie Don (McGizmo) anrufen. Er hat viele leds...weiss, blau, rot, gelb (vielleicht).

D

**DONOTDELETE**

was ist die website bitte? mcgizmo.com? I kann nichts finden die LEDs auf die website.. Wo sind der led page?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Ich habe keine website fur LED's. Wie viele blau wilst du haben? Ich habe 3 mm Nichia NSPB320BS. $1.5 ea. fur (wie sagt mann "few") Bitte, e-mail mich, abber auf englisch bitte!

Her McGizmo

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks Icebreak... I actually did 100% of the work myself in the machine shop at syracuse university. Was a lot of fun, and a lot of work.

Anyway, concerning the LEDs, I'd love to buy some. Generally the smaller leds give a softer, more diffused light, so I think I will buy those, which you happen to have!
I'll need to know things like foward voltages, diffusion angles, etc. Thanks.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Greg,

The NSPB320BS have the following specs:
Luminous intensity: .6 cd
Directivity (2θ 1/2) : 45 degrees (in layman's terms it's 90 degrees)
Vf: typical 3.6 volts max - 4 volts

If you are going to power these from computer 12 VDC source, I suggest 3 LEDs in series with 150 ohm, 1/4 watt resistor.

I will be happy to sell some of these to you for your project to help out. For the *record* I don't stock these with the intent of re-selling them.

- Don

E-mail me your requirements and we can resolve your needs.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Don,
Well I plan on making a circuit board later on for a hard drive activity meter, and I will use blue LEDs (I may very well be back at a later date for more!) but for now I think I may want about 6 or 9 leds in the front. 9 may be overkill
smile.gif

I think I'll run two "3 LED w/ 150ohm 1/4W resistor" setups in parallel off of the 12V lead.

I also want to do a fan mod with a strobe 555 timer circuit, but I can't find a good fiber-optic material... if you don't know what I'm taking about, this is what I am talking about:
http://www.bit-tech.net/article/80/

well anyway, feel free to email me:
[email protected]
and we can work something out.
thanks.