• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Need help in making custom flashlight

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello!

I want to make a custom built flashlight that exactly fits my needs. I tried to find a good balance between light output and size/weight. This was what I have in my mind:
[*]*** Light source : 3 white Luxeon III emitters T-bin
[*]*** Optics : Fraen Tri Lens module, datasheet (FT3) here. This is the same optics that's used in the Elektrolumens Tri-Star Phazer.
[*]*** Heatsink : can be custom built by my brother, size depends of the flashlight's size and everything else that's inside the flashlight's body.
[*]Lens : 52.1 mm lens from Flashlightlens.com

[*]LED driver : I have no idea what I have to buy or make. I want the LEDs to be driven at their maximum specs (3.9V 1000mA, voltage can change a bit because of the BIN-code, but 1000mA won't change.)

[*]*** Build-in green laser : I want to have a laser pointer in my flashlight. A hole will be drilled in the center of the optics. The laser module will be put a little backwards because of the heat that is generated by the LEDs. I will use a module from a green laser pointer of Leadlight, which is discussed a lot in the Laser forum here. Size 50 mm * 12 mm maximum (anyone already has one and can measure it exactly?)
[*]*** Laser driver : the laser module only needs 3.0 V, this will probably be easy to made with a voltage regulator.
[*]Body : I don't know yet which body to use, maybe it has to be custom built.
- The inside diameter of the head has to be 50 mm so the optics fits exactly into it. The head also needs a 'heatsink profile' as you can see here .
- The battery size should be C or D, absolutely no CR123A because they aren't used in Belgium. I prefer 3 or 4 batteries, depending on the needs of the electronic circuit.
- The flashlight should be sealed with O-rings and should be completely submersible (until 1 or 2 meter under water level).
- There have to be 2 buttons: one on/off button for the laser pointer, and 1 button for the flashlight. The flashlight button needs to have an on/off function, a dimming function and a flashing function. These functions aren't necessary, but it would be cool if they could be added. If it's not possible, a simple on/off button is ok.
- Type III anodization

Items with *** in front of it, are the ones I already have or will arrive soon. The items which aren't marked, are the ones I am still looking for or finding out how to make it.

Am I dreaming or is this possible to make? Who can help me?

Thanks in advance & best regards from Belgium,

Erasmus.
E-mail : [email protected]

PS: I'm sorry for my English, it's not so good. If anything is not clear, please ask it and I will try to explain better.