Help needed with next light

Santelmo

Enlightened
Some characteristics I'm looking for:

1. Cheap - around 50 bucks
2. Solid/rugged build and construction - i.e. "klutzproof", "butterfinger-resistant", can handle EDC role and double as an expedient impact self-defense tool
3. A real thrower - I've got the great Q3, but I understand there are others that can really go the distance.
4. Takes readily available batteries - AA or AAA
5. Long runtime - significantly more that 2 hrs.
6. No more that 6 inches in lenght - relating to no. 2
7. If possible, with a long and sturdy clip - No. 2 reason again
8. Clicky tail switch (hey, like I said, I'm an idiot!)
9. Cheap
10. Cheap (sorry, can't help it, especially with the exchange rate of Peso vs. Dollar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif)

Probably the closest thing I could imagine is either T2 or T3, but wont fit no. 4 reason.

O great gurus of luminescence, please help or is this a lost cause since this light still in land of great-ideas-still-to-be-realized?

AuroraLite

Enlightened
Hi, Santelmo.

The closest thing that comes to mind is Streamlight JR. Luxeon, but still the runtime is probably a lot less than 2 hours.

LX 3.0 is a pretty good thrower too, but the weight and length might make it a little hard to EDC.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd guess the light you're looking for is still in development stage. What, if anything, are you willing to bend on? If we can weed out some of those requirements, it might make things a little easier. .

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would LOVE to have a light like that, but I'm, a daydreamer too.

Sorry but some of the things you've asked for are contrary each other. For instance....Cheap yet solid contruction? humm (china?). LED but a real thrower? humm. Long runtime but only AAA or AA batteries which don't have alot of capacity compared to D cells or power density of 123 lithiums or the L91 AA lithium, humm

Closest thing that comes to mind is UK eLED, but it's throw is only fair, has no tail switch or clip...but it is cheap, reasonably strong, takes 4-AA's, runs for 10 plus hours oh and once again it's cheap.

Santelmo

Enlightened
(sigh) Salamat to all those who responded. I guess along with the Inova T-series and those suggested (will be checking them out), I think I'll have to wait awhile longer.

BUT. . .

Somewhere out there. . .someone. . .something. . .is already scheming, waking up in the middle of the night cranking out AUTO-CAD sketches, consuming suicidal amounts of nicotine and caffeine, forsaking all normal human comforts just to put this light into my hands. . . HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA (cue thunder and lightning sound-effects and laughter from short, hunchback, toothless assistant)

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Santelmo said:
(sigh) Salamat to all those who responded. I guess along with the Inova T-series and those suggested (will be checking them out), I think I'll have to wait awhile longer.

BUT. . .

Somewhere out there. . .someone. . .something. . .is already scheming, waking up in the middle of the night cranking out AUTO-CAD sketches, consuming suicidal amounts of nicotine and caffeine, forsaking all normal human comforts just to put this light into my hands. . . HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA (cue thunder and lightning sound-effects and laughter from short, hunchback, toothless assistant)

[/ QUOTE ]

oh yea you've got it bad, your one of us alright!

it was a dark and stormy night, when suddenly the lights went out....and being a flashaholic, I pulled out four flashlights from my pockets...part of the sickness, the curse of searching for the perfect flashlight, with desires unfufilled like an unrequited love