SF L2 parts on E2/L4 body?

Flashdark

Enlightened
No. HOWEVER, the KL5 will fit on the L1 & L2 bodies and make a very interesting, 2-stage "distance" LED.

mokona2

Enlightened
Thanks all. I do have an L2 as my primary EDC, but would like to use rechargeables. Ah well, since I have some Pilas on the way for my 9V flashlights, I can just swap out the extra CR123s and feed it.. and my L5, and my U2.. and... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

HunterSon

Enlightened
The L2 bezel will fit on an E2e or L4 body, but will underdrive the Luxeon V emitter. Replace the emitter with a suitable Luxeon III emitter and direct drive it off of a Pila 168S and you get a scorchin' little light!

mokona2

Enlightened
Underdrive the Luxeon V? Why would that be. I thought the electronics were all in the bezel and the tail cap? Basically I just need a new body tube that could accept a 168s or 168a. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh2.gif

symes

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Size15's said:
Flashdark,
I think you'll need to explain how the KL5 fits on the L1 & L2 bodies please.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did this for a while too....while waiting for my U2... using a the famous Doug Speck E2C converter

L35.jpg

Worked very well, but was way too long for EDC...

Better is to put an Aleph tailcap on an L4 body I think...

In fact, I'm thinking of going Aleph22ohm+L4body+E2C+KL5 as an alternative to my U2... given that I'm a bit disappointed with the low level output and the degree of throw...

Symes

HunterSon

Enlightened
The L2 bezel has only the LED in it. The converters for the L2 are located in the body, that is why it is so much longer than the L4. So if you use a L2 bezel on an E2e the batteries will be direct driving the emitter.

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
So in that configuration, is the body's reg circuit being used or the heads? The L2 is a dummy head. Nothing inside. Putting it on a L4 body direct drives it