Beamshaper for SureFire A2....any ideas?

RPM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a "F04" beam shaper from SF for my KL1 head and really like it for diffusing the "square" shaped beam especially in close up work. In addition to softening the beam, it adds some protection to the bezel. Does anyone know where to find something similar for the A2? The bezel on the A2 is 1.125 diameter and SF doesn't show any products that fit.

Steve C

Enlightened
<<I'm not sure what you could use.>>

Or why you would want to. The LEDs put out a very nice uniform "bath of light" for close-up work or navigating in total darkness, and the incan is your basic SF penetrating beam with hot spot. At least the dozen or so I've looked at (and the one I own) do/are.

Perhaps your A2 has a scrunged reflector???

Flashdark

Enlightened
RPM,

There have been several threads in the past about using colored water bottle tops in white, red, etc. What I don't remember is the diameter of the tops and whether they were used for A2s or something else. The best part was their low cost. Apparently, they worked VERY well.

Hope this helps.

RPM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I should have stated in my question that I was looking more for protection of the bezel end the A2 and not the diffusing aspect of the beamshaper. The rubber F04 from SF is a little goofy looking but has saved my L2 a couple of times. I thought I might be able to find something similar for the larger bezel of the A2. Anyway, thanks for the input.