Wondering about the Surefire E2O-HA

JeffH

Newly Enlightened
While at my local camping/recreational store today I saw that they have Surefire E2O's in stock. So, as soon as I got home I got on Flashlightreviews.com and found nothing. Did a search for E2O and Outdoorsman but didn't find anything either. Can enyone tell me how they like this light? The price seemed reasonable and the extended run time appealed to me.
Thanks,
Jeff

Mike 161

Newly Enlightened
Jeff;
I really like my E2O. I got it specifically because it came with the low output lamp and the long clip. The low output lamp is usually enough for what I need (and I have other lights for the times I need more light). You can always put in the high output lamp and the short clip, if you feel the need. All the accessories for the standard E2E will work with the E2O.

I believe you'll really like this light.

Mike

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll second what Mike 161 said. The 25 lumen lamp is practical for most tasks. And as already said, it is an easy upgrade to the MN03 lamp if you need more output. You might want to pick up a SC3 spares carrier and an F04 beam shaper too. I think you'll really like it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

JeffH

Newly Enlightened
I found the SC3 spares carrier and I will certainly need one of those /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif but what does the F04 beam shaper do?
Jeff

mokona2

Enlightened
A beam shaper softens the hotspot so you don't get as much glare reflected back to your eyes when you need illumination on close up work.

Hoya

Newly Enlightened
I am running my E2e on MN02 runtime bulb, this has the same output as the stock E2o. It is bright enuff for my general tasks.

Niteowl

Enlightened
I got the E2e before I saw the E2o. Got myself a copuple of the longer clips and low output lamps. Sounds silly, but I would have prefered the Outdoorsman as I'm not much of an executive type.

The light itself is a piece of art IMO. One friend, after holding it for about ten seconds, said, "now this is a quality light!". It's my best incan.

Mark

mokona2

Enlightened
You should be able to order the FM04 at your favorite Surefire supplier, post to the B/S/T forum here, or order from Surefire directly.